People not rezzing on crowded places

xoClarisse

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 596 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, I have this annoying issue where some people do not rezz fully when I come into a very crowded place (over 50-60 people). Randomly some just appear like this : 4f8f015b417677931caab2dc74f7d3b1.png

(I censored the private parts, I hope it's enough). 

It look like the same issue than when BOM doesn't work or something. I tried to reduce my bandwidth from 3.000 to 1.500 but it doesn't change anything. Any idea why it happen and how to fix it ? It's so creepy... thanks.

10 hours ago, xoClarisse said:

It look like the same issue than when BOM doesn't work or something. I tried to reduce my bandwidth from 3.000 to 1.500 but it doesn't change anything. Any idea why it happen and how to fix it ? It's so creepy... thanks.

Reducing the UDP bandwidth won't solve your issue (it is not involved in textures and meshes downloads, which might be too slow to load in your case), much to the contrary; it would reduce the speed at which you get avatar data updates:  ”appearance” messages (which includes baked textures UUIDs that the viewer needs to download them via HTTP), objects updates (including avatar attachments, their texture UUIDs and mesh UUIDs, that the viewer also needs to download them via HTTP and thus fully rez the avatar), animations, position changes, etc. Please read this other post of mine where I explain everything about UDP bandwidth and the urban legend about it.

Your viewer might log the reason why a given avatar won't rez (there may be several), so I'd look at the log first, to see what is wrong. Also, your viewer might offer (usually does offer, for a TPV) a ”Refresh”, ”Reload” or ”Reset” option in avatars' context/pie menu (right click on the avatar name tag and look for such an option in the (sub-)menu(s) or (sub-)pie(s)): try it, since it could make most avatars rez, at last.

Finally, some TPVs got an option to render non-rezzed (”clouded”) avatars: if you do not want to see naked avatars on your screen, disable it !

2 hours ago, rasterscan said:

It's lag mostly. Quick prefs button has a bunch of sliders to help. Max avatars and Draw distance in particular.

image.png.a8c5bee734ad098001fcf93d333271a2.png

Hover height got nothing to do with this issue (it's a Z coordinate adjustment for your avatar, used to compensate when needed an animation does not properly level with the ground, because it was designed for an avatar taller/shorter than yours).

While adjusting the draw distance and max non-impostors would lower the load of the OP's viewer and improve their FPS rate, it won't solve either non-rezzing avatars.

Edited by Henri Beauchamp
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, rasterscan said:

It's lag mostly. Quick prefs button has a bunch of sliders to help. Max avatars and Draw distance in particular.

image.png.a8c5bee734ad098001fcf93d333271a2.png

Thank you, not sure why you circled "Hover Height" though, maybe a mistake ?

1 hour ago, Henri Beauchamp said:

Reducing the UDP bandwidth won't solve your issue (it is not involved in textures and meshes downloads, which might be too slow to load in your case), much to the contrary; it would reduce the speed at which you get avatar data updates:  ”appearance” messages (which includes baked textures UUIDs that the viewer needs to download them via HTTP), objects updates (including avatar attachments, their texture UUIDs and mesh UUIDs, that the viewer also needs to download them via HTTP and thus fully rez the avatar), animations, position changes, etc. Please read this other post of mine where I explain everything about UDP bandwidth and the urban legend about it.

Your viewer might log the reason why a given avatar won't rez (there may be several), so I'd look at the log first, to see what is wrong. Also, your viewer might offer (usually does offer, for a TPV) a ”Refresh”, ”Reload” or ”Reset” option in avatars' context/pie menu (right click on the avatar name tag and look for such an option in the (sub-)menu(s) or (sub-)pie(s)): try it, since it could make most avatars rez, at last.

Finally, some TPVs got an option to render non-rezzed (”clouded”) avatars: if you do not want to see naked avatars on your screen, disable it !

Hover height got nothing to do with this issue (it's a Z coordinate adjustment for your avatar, used to compensate when needed an animation does not properly level with the ground, because it was designed for an avatar taller/shorter than yours).

While adjusting the draw distance and max non-impostors would lower the load of the OP's viewer and improve their FPS rate, it won't solve either non-rezzing avatars.

I didn't took a look into the logs yet, that's beyond my skils. As for the draw distance or max avatars they're usually kept low when I'm in a crowded place and I slowly raise them if I see it's smooth, I honestly don't think it has anything to do with this so I agree with you on that, that's why I'm a bit lost on that problem.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 596 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.