I Have Shadows!

Rusalka Writer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4697 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On a year-old MacBook Pro with an NVIDIA 330M! I had thought it would be forever impossible. This is terrific. The new viewer is also amazingly faster, an improvement I first noticed with the Search release candidate. I am so pleased. Congratulations and thanks to the viewer team and search team and anybody who had a hand in this.

I have noticed only one odd thing— in two of my four shops (in Glashtan and neighboring Lharg) textures that likely only exist in my inventory wouldn't fully load until I selected the object. It only took a few minutes to fix, but there's a small issue. It did not repeat in my shops elsewhere.

Mahalo,

Rusalka Writer

You have to enable 'Hardware Skinning' first. Then you'll be able to tick the 'Lighting and Shadows' box. But beware: your framerate will drop by 50% and you'll need to re-enable antialiasing. YMMV, I got stuck with horrid jaggies with one graphics card but on another it was OK. Eventually I had to disable 'Lighting and Shadows' as sub-10fps framerates were no fun at all.

On the same Mac as you, I've had shadows in the mesh viewer for a while, but in the production version, this is a first!

They have even managed to get Macs with AMD cards display shadows, but I'm not sure this in the production version or the latest beta of the viewer. But they, apparently, broke shadows on windows pcs with AMD cards...

- Luc -

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4697 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.