HOW TO PLUG MY GUITAR IN SL?

MadFabinho

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 758 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

Some performers in world are more then happy to help musicians get their music and stuff into SL.

Isn't that "some" pretty close to "all"?

When I was starting performing in SL I don't think I met a single established performer who wasn't more than happy to hang out and talk gear, software, inworld stage settings or any other aspect of performing inworld.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Da5id Weatherwax said:

Nice axe :)

That's the thing with guitars and motorcycles - they age well. Unlike (modern) cars and humans :)

From your explanation I'd prob be more nervous about performing in SL than when I first set foot onstage :) And that was to drunk folks appreciating I just got the blues and "twang" right. And not throwing anything at me, thankfully 

10 minutes ago, Da5id Weatherwax said:

Isn't that "some" pretty close to "all"?

When I was starting performing in SL I don't think I met a single established performer who wasn't more than happy to hang out and talk gear, software, inworld stage settings or any other aspect of performing inworld.

When I had a live music club in world after the shows I'd turn on voice mode and some performers still there would talk shop. I would hear comments about getting gear from Sweetwater or Reverb a lot.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

When I had a live music club in world after the shows I'd turn on voice mode and some performers still there would talk shop. I would hear comments about getting gear from Sweetwater or Reverb a lot.

Reverb, the Aladdin's cave of "whatever weird piece of kit you want, somebody here will be selling one." Talk about an easy way for the "broke musician" to become the "bankrupt musician" in 30 seconds flat if they don't ease up on the GAS. And everybody is on there. Buddy of mine sold a fx pedal he'd bought when he was 13 (he's now 62) on there and it went to a buyer who was actually quite a big name and had been looking for one for years... It's also my go-to place if I'm looking for parts to complete a keyboard restoration.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, HeathcliffMontague said:

That's the thing with guitars and motorcycles - they age well. Unlike (modern) cars and humans :)

From your explanation I'd prob be more nervous about performing in SL than when I first set foot onstage :) And that was to drunk folks appreciating I just got the blues and "twang" right. And not throwing anything at me, thankfully 

Been there, done that, collected the beer bottle upside the head :P My current "stable" is a Martin 6-string and Takamine 12-string acoustics, American Performer-series Strat and a Reverend Airwave 12 for the electric side. I'm hoping that's me done with instrument acquisition for a good long while (unless some evil sod of a salesman puts a nice resonator or mandocello in my hands when "I'm only in here to buy some strings, honest!" - NEVER visit a music shop right after the day-job's payday. It always hurts.)

I truly wouldn't be nervous about performing in SL in your situation. You already know how to create a live sound. Just do it as if you were performing live-RL and send the main mix to the stream, the same way you'd send it to the "House PA" - with the SL-sound muted so you don;t get pings, beeps or 20-second-delayed-applause-gestures sneaking into your audio :)

You know, that's actually the cleanest and simplest way to say it. The software to send it and the stream server are the "House PA" - if you can handle that, you can send a stream.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 758 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.