Looking for friends, and places to hang out.

Mukeii

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 641 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Me (30M), Partner (23F), are looking for more friends- or places to hang out with others similar in age.
We both do a lot of gaming, and are still somewhat new-ish to SL. Recently we both returned, and picked up a home to rent.. but are really wanting to find places to go and things to do.
So, if you have any ideas, please let us know! :)

Because 20-30 years have a diverse set of preferences and you didn't state any of yours, other than maybe gaming but not what type, we can't offer you much.

Hopefully you have found SL's Destination Guide in-world and on the web. The in-world version has a handy-for-exploring 'What's Hot Now' category with direct TP to those locations. While most are dance places there are various event happening that bubble up. An interesting twist on this is the Firestorm Viewer's splash page which lists the currently most popular places, those often have 60+ people there. The in-world version drops destinations that are hitting the region's population limit. No point in trying to TP to a destination that is full.

There is also the viewer's search. Search groups using your interests as search terms. Then post in those groups to find out where they hang. And often a destination is in the Group Description. Remember, Many groups are RL time of day sensitive, meaning at certain times of day no one is around. So, groups with a large user sign up may seem abandoned at certain times of day. Try different times.

The website has an events section. You can see what events are scheduled and check them out.

The SL Forum has sections... look through the forum for what interests you or what looks like it might be fun. I like the pictures threads, What Your Avatar Look Like... is great fun and a good group. There is an art section for creative stuff.

There are groups and places for things from Adult to Zoological.

Next time may be ask for the best Combat game places or groups or fashion places, racing places, swinger places....  be specific. You can ask as many different questions as you want. You get billed the same for one or 10 posts...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Do you guys like music?  If so, what kind?  I happen to love clubs with good DJs (for me, blues, mainly).  The dancing is fun, the music is great and the chat can be great, especially with the right host/ess stirring it up a bit.  Have fun exploring the Destination Guide:  https://secondlife.com/destinations and have a blast!

9 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

Because 20-30 years have a diverse set of preferences and you didn't state any of yours, other than maybe gaming but not what type, we can't offer you much.

Hopefully you have found SL's Destination Guide in-world and on the web. The in-world version has a handy-for-exploring 'What's Hot Now' category with direct TP to those locations. While most are dance places there are various event happening that bubble up. An interesting twist on this is the Firestorm Viewer's splash page which lists the currently most popular places, those often have 60+ people there. The in-world version drops destinations that are hitting the region's population limit. No point in trying to TP to a destination that is full.

There is also the viewer's search. Search groups using your interests as search terms. Then post in those groups to find out where they hang. And often a destination is in the Group Description. Remember, Many groups are RL time of day sensitive, meaning at certain times of day no one is around. So, groups with a large user sign up may seem abandoned at certain times of day. Try different times.

The website has an events section. You can see what events are scheduled and check them out.

The SL Forum has sections... look through the forum for what interests you or what looks like it might be fun. I like the pictures threads, What Your Avatar Look Like... is great fun and a good group. There is an art section for creative stuff.

There are groups and places for things from Adult to Zoological.

Next time may be ask for the best Combat game places or groups or fashion places, racing places, swinger places....  be specific. You can ask as many different questions as you want. You get billed the same for one or 10 posts...

I should've been more specific. We're looking more for locations, or people that are between the age of 20-30, mainly since we relate and get along more with people those ages.
As for games, we play a lot of the typical ones: league, valorant, ffxiv, other fps games or even things like VRChat. We're not super picky, and enjoy a lot of games, just looking for people like-minded who also enjoy gaming, even if they don't play those games specifically.

We've checked over both the "What's Hot Now", or even editor's pick, new user destinations. Things like that, we've been to. We do have a house in a town, and attempt to do things in the town. We just weren't sure if there's place people knew that were popular for anyone around our age. Or if there were places people preferred voice chat over text, etc.

I agree the forum has interesting and helpful sections, we've been looking for sure. Just wanted to make a direct post also stating we're looking for friends, while also asking if people had recommendations.

We didn't have any specific places in mind, just more so asking for recommendations in general. :)

7 hours ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Do you guys like music?  If so, what kind?  I happen to love clubs with good DJs (for me, blues, mainly).  The dancing is fun, the music is great and the chat can be great, especially with the right host/ess stirring it up a bit.  Have fun exploring the Destination Guide:  https://secondlife.com/destinations and have a blast!

We do like music. Anything lofi, or pop, rock, metal. Even things like Porter Robinson. We're not super picky on music tastes. I'll look more at the clubs. The few we went too were usually pretty quiet, just people dancing not really socializing.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HRH Andrew said:

The cafe scene seems to be the new upcoming thing in sl. They can be very sociable places when there're a few people chilling there.

My 2 personal favourites are the Out of the Rain Cafe and the Rainy Four Seasons.

Some sound people and some uh... interesting oddities attend them too lol

Thanks for the suggestion! We'll definitely take a look into them. Thank you for the map link too! :)

• Like 1

@MukeiiI suspect you have found that figuring out the age of players in SL is difficult. You won't have a clue about an other's age unless they provide it. And if they do you have no way to know if they are telling the truth.

One can try to ascertain an other's age by the way they speak and behave. I've found that very unreliable. SL is full of people from all over the world. Conformance to people in our circle of experience leaves us inexperienced in making decisions about anyone outside our circle, which, if you are doing SL right, is the majority of people you meet. So age guessing in SL is a shaky proposition.

I suggest going with the criteria "like minded".

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mukeii said:

I should've been more specific. We're looking more for locations, or people that are between the age of 20-30, mainly since we relate and get along more with people those ages.
As for games, we play a lot of the typical ones: league, valorant, ffxiv, other fps games or even things like VRChat. We're not super picky, and enjoy a lot of games, just looking for people like-minded who also enjoy gaming, even if they don't play those games specifically.

We've checked over both the "What's Hot Now", or even editor's pick, new user destinations. Things like that, we've been to. We do have a house in a town, and attempt to do things in the town. We just weren't sure if there's place people knew that were popular for anyone around our age. Or if there were places people preferred voice chat over text, etc.

I agree the forum has interesting and helpful sections, we've been looking for sure. Just wanted to make a direct post also stating we're looking for friends, while also asking if people had recommendations.

We didn't have any specific places in mind, just more so asking for recommendations in general. :)

We do like music. Anything lofi, or pop, rock, metal. Even things like Porter Robinson. We're not super picky on music tastes. I'll look more at the clubs. The few we went too were usually pretty quiet, just people dancing not really socializing.

goto mage sandbox

write on searchh mage sandbox.

social island 10

many young ppl there, I think there are some old pops there,  but mostly old people easily feel offended so they avoid social island 10

Edited by Kalegthepsionicist

• 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 641 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.