Skins / mesh heads for a Mestizo or Central-South American Indigenous looking avatar?

UnilWay SpiritWeaver

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 671 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, StarlanderGoods said:

I was wondering about that type of avatar too, I dont think that most of the examples are nailing the eyes, particularly the eyelids of the south american aborigin (Tons of different tribes, Im assuming the OP is looking more at Quechuas, around the former Inca empire, and not as north as the aztecs nor south as the Tehuelches)

Its odd, because its such a strong identifier (the eye shape), that I would start with an asian head, instead of an african inspired one

They posted the images of what they were looking  to achieve.. The ones I was paying attention to were bottom three with a more closer to the north america, south western southern boarder look..

At least that was what I thought they were looking to achieve.. I may have read it wrong though.. hehehehe

• Like 2

3 hours ago, StarlanderGoods said:

I was wondering about that type of avatar too, I dont think that most of the examples are nailing the eyes, particularly the eyelids of the south american aborigin (Tons of different tribes, Im assuming the OP is looking more at Quechuas, around the former Inca empire, and not as north as the aztecs nor south as the Tehuelches)

Its odd, because its such a strong identifier (the eye shape), that I would start with an asian head, instead of an african inspired one

Making an avatar is a complicated thing, particularly when you’re going for a specific look. It’s going to come down to a lot of work and it’s going to take a lot of searching for tiny little things. It’s not going to be as simple as pick a head, pick a skin, search MP for a shape and boom Meztizo avatar.

Take the head, it honestly doesn’t make a difference which head you choose, because at the end of the day, you still have to shape it. For a look that could mean a lot of things to different people it’s really going to come down to what OP personally wants. In general though you’re going to pick a head shape for the look you’re going for. 

Picking the skin might be the easiest part because it gives a good base. The tone is going to be important because that is something you can nail down easier. It’s somewhere in the range of almond to coppery-brown. The features are going to be a little difficult, I chose more Iberian features because those are easier to find. Eyelid changers are easy to find. Other types of addons might be worth considering.

The reason I chose the skins I did was because they come with shapes. This is important because it’s a good starting point. I don’t need a Ted-Talk about meztizo ethnic makeup to know that it is such a range appearances that you really need to have a specific look in mind when you get started. The last example the OP gave looks like me and I’m black and French-Canadian. Where I live, I get mistaken for Latina all…the….time. The problem with using an Asian skin would be they don’t get to the darker skin tones.

What the op is asking for isn’t going to be an easy thing to put together. It’s going to take a lot of improvisation and creativity. I’d love to see what other advice people are going to offer and how it turns out.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Janet Voxel said:

Making an avatar is a complicated thing, particularly when you’re going for a specific look. It’s going to come down to a lot of work and it’s going to take a lot of searching for tiny little things. It’s not going to be as simple as pick a head, pick a skin, search MP for a shape and boom Meztizo avatar.

Take the head, it honestly doesn’t make a difference which head you choose, because at the end of the day, you still have to shape it. For a look that could mean a lot of things to different people it’s really going to come down to what OP personally wants. In general though you’re going to pick a head shape for the look you’re going for. 

Picking the skin might be the easiest part because it gives a good base. The tone is going to be important because that is something you can nail down easier. It’s somewhere in the range of almond to coppery-brown. The features are going to be a little difficult, I chose more Iberian features because those are easier to find. Eyelid changers are easy to find. Other types of addons might be worth considering.

The reason I chose the skins I did was because they come with shapes. This is important because it’s a good starting point. I don’t need a Ted-Talk about meztizo ethnic makeup to know that it is such a range appearances that you really need to have a specific look in mind when you get started. The last example the OP gave looks like me and I’m black and French-Canadian. Where I live, I get mistaken for Latina all…the….time. The problem with using an Asian skin would be they don’t get to the darker skin tones.

What the op is asking for isn’t going to be an easy thing to put together. It’s going to take a lot of improvisation and creativity. I’d love to see what other advice people are going to offer and how it turns out.

Ya just the tiny little things  will make  big changes..Getting an eye color right and everything in the eye texture from the pupil outward, too  much detail and it may not work, then getting the right reflection since reflections are part of the skin of the eye.. It can change instantly to a whole other look..  There is so much fine tuning.

Lip size and shape, texture, tone and the right amount of gloss or no gloss.. The hair, the hair base,the brows, the thicknes and shape.. the teeth ... Omg it's like on and on.. that's just after you have the base to go from.. 

Then once you have it where you want it, another skin comes along and  it's like.. omg that  one may be even better.. then bam , off to the races again.. lol

All the little details really add up in a big way.

• Like 2

Just now, Ceka Cianci said:

Lip size and shape, texture, tone and the right amount of gloss or no gloss.. The hair, the hair base,the brows, the thicknes and shape.. the teeth ... Omg it's like on and on.. that's just after you have the base to go from.. 

Then once you have it where you want it, another skin comes along and  it's like.. omg that  one may be even better.. then bam , off to the races again.. lol

Happens to me all the time! Even something like choosing the right lashes! You’re so right! I’m tempted to get that skin I posted just to play around with it! 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Janet Voxel said:

Happens to me all the time! Even something like choosing the right lashes! You’re so right! I’m tempted to get that skin I posted just to play around with it! 

You should get it it's a really nice skin..

I actually jumped on it the other day when I went..  It was one of those skins that jumped out at me and everything else in the sim disappeared lol

I really like their skins because they have such nice neck fades to where you are not stuck to just velour or one brand of body skin.. I can still wear my Mila body skins or go to Velour or a few others..

I much rather wear my Mila skins because I have to wear so much skin addons from velour to cut the shine down, that I can't wear any tattoo's without them fading away in the addon..

• Like 2

On 9/3/2022 at 5:16 PM, Ceka Cianci said:

They posted the images of what they were looking  to achieve.. The ones I was paying attention to were bottom three with a more closer to the north america, south western southern boarder look..

The closest to what I'm wishing I could do is probably in these two:

On 8/31/2022 at 3:20 PM, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

1ae7f1c81aabbf144690beecad53dfa6.jpgWomen-Beauty-471537933.png.fe5e95919a3d3daa1bd737884bba35d6.png

The first image, and then in that collage, the two on the right side. Though I believe the one on the bottom right is a mannequin or art render - she nonetheless has the right look. The large image in the collage looks full-blood Quechua and in this photo a little weathered, and I'm hoping to eventually land on a mixed look (I believe the person in the first image actually is full blood Quechua as well, but she looks a little like one of my cousins did when we were younger).

The other images got added as I kept searching and google kept returning images of some guy who's a Mexican American Hollywood actor and not even female, alongside 19th century black and white pictures of elderly women... so I included the "oh well, those would almost work if they weren't so Instagram posed..."

The second image on the first page, she had the skin tone I was thinking.

Edited by UnilWay SpiritWeaver
  • Like 1

On 9/3/2022 at 8:31 PM, Janet Voxel said:

Yeah. I started this thread 2 days after buying a fatpack for a great skin for my old look...

Something better or at least very interesting always comes out in the time between clicking buy and getting 'home' to open up the package and wear it... :)

1 hour ago, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

The closest to what I'm wishing I could do is probably in these two:

The first image, and then in that collage, the two on the right side. Though I believe the one on the bottom right is a mannequin or art render - she nonetheless has the right look. The large image in the collage looks full-blood Quechua and in this photo a little weathered, and I'm hoping to eventually land on a mixed look (I believe the person in the first image actually is full blood Quechua as well, but she looks a little like one of my cousins did when we were younger).

The other images got added as I kept searching and google kept returning images of some guy who's a Mexican American Hollywood actor and not even female, alongside 19th century black and white pictures of elderly women... so I included the "oh well, those would almost work if they weren't so Instagram posed..."

The second image on the first page, she had the skin tone I was thinking.

Myself, out of those four, I would probably fit a bit more closer to the top image than the others. More dark toned, a little thicker and some other things that come with being a mother of three boys.. hehehehe

I'm not sure if you have found a head yet, but I almost forgot about this skin also.. It's an evox skin from Session Skins called Trinity.

It's another that I have that I really do like a lot..

It may seem a little high dollar, but  really compared to how the market is today they really put a lot of goodies in the folder. I think I paid like 1390 for it and since I was in the group, they gave me $L139 back..

If you can read  the right side of the folder, that's everything that comes with it.. you might have to click on the picture to get a bigger image to show up.

I figured it may be something you might want to demo..

I'll see if I can't get a picture taken of it on my avatar sometime today to give a better idea of what it looks like on an avatar out in the world.

472176828_RLVSetup1_003.thumb.png.066036a5829f1b1c85c941ec26525b14.png

• Like 1

Messing with comparing Moccino's Camille in Sunkiss against Tresbeau Dahlia in Sunkiss. Dahlia is the skin that was pictured from the Level event last page:

Left: Moccino Camille

Right: Tesbeau Dahlia

Moccino_Camille_Sunkiss.thumb.png.aa55de11e6e0111b46fbd9adb992bf61.pngTresbeau_Dahlia_Sunkiss.thumb.png.dc885f1cefc55c819c562b52a5b32eec.png

Very similar.

Finally Tresbeau Dahlia again, but this time using the built in brows:

Tresbeau_Dahlia_Sunkiss_builtInBrow.thumb.png.0bef03a4cd0520d7131f7a58da29bdb0.png

The tone is 'mostly' Velour sunkiss. But there's a freebie from nuve that you do fantasy tints to your avatar with a series of tattoos. They're mod. So I copies one and used it to add a tiny bit of red-brown over the skin to get myself in-between Velour's Sunkiss and Brownie tones.

I'm now thinking that regardless of which of these I pick, if I keep using lelutka's "HD" brows I need to make them fuller like the bottom image.

Edited by UnilWay SpiritWeaver
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 671 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.