Anything for Main Server tomorrow (Tuesday)?

Aishagain

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 656 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My Stipend has come through, but nothing definite about restarts, not even the usual vague warning on the status page.  If they do use the usual timing,it will be another three hours before it starts, two hours before the usual warning message on Status. So there could be nothing, but I don't trust this silence.. Enough did happen last week that I can't blame them for not trusting the new code.

Next Monday, 29th August, is a Bank Holiday in England. Labor Day in the USA is a week later on 5th September. I half expect something next week to at least have something stable for that long weekend.

For me, this (even for LL) silence is unsettling. Last week's tranche of assorted non-routine Maintenance rather suggested that something in the murky depths of the SL code needed fixing. It is not long since either Mazidox or another Linden mentioned that they had returned to weekly region "bounces" out of little more than "an abundance of caution".

That there was nothing on the GSP may merely suggest that the oppo given that task in on holiday, but still... Anyone seen my crash hat?

Edited by Aishagain
speculation and tinfoil hattery

This thread is old, not the current week. There are the usual initial warnings on the Grid Status page, posted on Friday. We maybe should always expect restarts on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

But there is a difference between a mere restart and a new server version, and even restarts sometimes take a long time.

Kept in the dark and...

https://media.sciencephoto.com/image/c0075136/800wm/C0075136-Mushroom_farming.jpg

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 656 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.