Voice: Yes or No?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4627 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Well sure macros work great on PC gaming, and/or for basic communication. Can't argue that. At lot of games have quick clicks that get you things like "Look here!" and "Go this way." and "Cover me.".

If you want to convey any kind of moderately detailed thoughts though, you're either wasting time typing or speaking into a mic on the go.

As far as first person shooters are concerned, I'd much rather be able to talk and shoot at the same time.

Hell, ever play either of the Left 4 Dead games? It's common practice to be booted off of servers if you can't communicate by voice. I don't agree with it, but it is what it is.

My point is, for conversation, VOIP IS easier when you're on combat sims or driving a vehicle or similar activities, and if you've ever played online games, the same applies. Which brings me back to my ORIGINAL point, that chances are you've never done these things (or not "seriously") if you hadn't considered it as a factor when debating in this thread.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did consider it, but since I don't do RTS/RTC gaming within SL I don't have any need for it... I never said no one does. modern RTS/RTC pretty much requires it, especially for untrained and PU groups.

other people find it useful too, I just don't have a need or want for it personally.

• 4 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4627 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.