Object setting itself to Phantom with linked parts set to Physics Shape Type NONE

Nutria2016

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 645 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm working on a hot tub that's built with plenty of linked mesh objects, including spa jets. I set the spa jet's Physics Shape Type to NONE, but doing so causes the entire hot tub to set itself to Phantom after being rezzed, or just randomly afterwards.

The root prim, and all other linked objects, are set to Physics Shape Type PRIM.

Is this a known bug or is it intentional?

Edited by Nutria2016

4 hours ago, Nutria2016 said:

I'm working on a hot tub that's built with plenty of linked mesh objects, including spa jets. I set the spa jet's Physics Shape Type to NONE, but doing so causes the entire hot tub to set itself to Phantom after being rezzed, or just randomly afterwards.

The root prim, and all other linked objects, are set to Physics Shape Type PRIM.

Setting Physics Shape None on child links should not be changing the linkset's Phantom status to TRUE.

Please file a bug report. https://jira.secondlife.com/

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Nutria2016 said:

Are you sure there isn't a script involved, that sets the thing to phantom, or has a llVolumeDetect function called?

• Thanks 1

Okay so I found out what was causing the problem. The spa light that was linked to the rest of the set was causing it all to set itself to Phantom. It's using a third-party full perm script, and I know nothing about scripting, so I'm not sure what in the script could be making it set itself to Phantom. I tried searching for VolumeDetect but it wasn't in the script.

6 hours ago, Nutria2016 said:

so I'm not sure what in the script could be making it set itself to Phantom. I tried searching for VolumeDetect but it wasn't in the script

Search for STATUS_PHANTOM. That is a flag that is either in llSetStatus(STATUS_PHANTOM, TRUE), or in llSetPrimitiveParams/llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast functions. Wherever you find it, set it to FALSE.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, arton Rotaru said:

Search for STATUS_PHANTOM. That is a flag that is either in llSetStatus(STATUS_PHANTOM, TRUE), or in llSetPrimitiveParams/llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast functions. Wherever you find it, set it to FALSE.

That was it. Thank you so much =]

I searched for phantom before on the script but forgot enable Case Insensitive, lol...

Thanks everyone.

Edited by Nutria2016
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 645 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.