New Inworld Store Renter

Rosey785Bloom

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 635 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everybody,

I am a new in world store renter. So far, I'm only planning just to do it for this month depending on progress. This is a question that may not have a simple answer but so far I've got no answer at all. So any information in answer to this question would be most appreciated. I've been involved in second life long enough to know that there is much to a store set-up that I don't see when I'm just buying something. Currently I'm selling Kitty cats at a small store. I don't wanna be very decorative just yet as that would waste prims. What I want to know most of all is how to set things up so that people can either visit me and purchase a kitten and take it with them or find me in search and purchase the kitten that way. Setting up payment properly has been the most complex issue for me. I'd hate for someone to come by to buy something and then not be able to buy it at all. So, what am I missing? I've seen stores where vendors are used. I've also seen stores where you typically just right click on the item to pay and take it. The second scenario is the one that I'm looking for. Simple direct and done. So finally, how do I set-up the seemingly simple (right click on the item to pay) approach to payment?

Thanks,

2 hours ago, Rosey785Bloom said:

Hi everybody,

I am a new in world store renter. So far, I'm only planning just to do it for this month depending on progress. This is a question that may not have a simple answer but so far I've got no answer at all. So any information in answer to this question would be most appreciated. I've been involved in second life long enough to know that there is much to a store set-up that I don't see when I'm just buying something. Currently I'm selling Kitty cats at a small store. I don't wanna be very decorative just yet as that would waste prims. What I want to know most of all is how to set things up so that people can either visit me and purchase a kitten and take it with them or find me in search and purchase the kitten that way. Setting up payment properly has been the most complex issue for me. I'd hate for someone to come by to buy something and then not be able to buy it at all. So, what am I missing? I've seen stores where vendors are used. I've also seen stores where you typically just right click on the item to pay and take it. The second scenario is the one that I'm looking for. Simple direct and done. So finally, how do I set-up the seemingly simple (right click on the item to pay) approach to payment?

Thanks,

Selling kitty boxes is actually easy because they are No Copy, so you are always selling the Original -- i.e. Pay and Take.  Therefore, put the box on the ground or wall.  Edit it and on the General tab, down at the bottom, click the For Sale box, set it to Original, enter a price and click Apply:

image.png.973cafc59a645f8bf6793fdf2b9380cd.png

As for people finding you, for KittyCats one of the best ways it to buy the Torgon's KC Profiler system.  Everyone that knows anything about KittyCats goes to Torgon's if they want to search for specific cats and to also keep track of new listings.  It does cost a few hundred L$ and it will take an additional prim/LI for every cat you put out to sell, but it is well worth it.  Another option is to just use it for some of the boxes and when folks come to check out what they have found on a Torgon's search, then they will see the other stuff you have.

Torgon's initially seems a bit complicated to set up, but it is really really simple -- much easier than it sounds.  Feel free to ping me if you decide to get it and have any questions on the setup.  

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 4

Hi,

Thanks so much for posting this to help me. You are quite correct about the profiler being complicated. It certainly was initially but it's not at all the fault of the creator. In my case, it turned out to be a slight problem with KittyCats pedigrees. Needless to say, I finally managed after a few days and, several frustrating tries. to figure everything out. Have I sold the kitten yet? No. However, I am optimistic and now continuing to set up my little shop in hopes of a sale.:)   Again, thank you very much and do drop by if you're interested in purchasing a Kitty cat.  Nobody panic about the prices if you happen to find my store and see them. Things are still progressing and I'm almost positive that I will be making adjustments for a while until I get everything set up completely to my liking.

Rosey785Bloom (Nina Banks)

• Like 1

As a breedable owner can i recommend finding yourself some kitty cat communities  and or auctions.  You don't have to buy anything at auction.  But you do make great friends who will buy your stuff later and auction will teach you about pricing !  Also find kitty cat markets and check out everyone's prices to get a better idea of prices.

• Like 1

On 8/3/2022 at 3:38 PM, Rosey785Bloom said:

Hi everybody,

Thanks,

I think it's best with KittyCats to do without a vendor as they can easily be sold with a click. Put up a sign urging customers to pick up their purchases so they aren't lost if you have to return them from the land. That is, KittyCats will restore them eventually if lost, but don't let that happen if you can avoid it.

Next, make sure you check off the search/places box in the land menu. It costs $30 a week. See if that works to bring in more sales.

Make sure you have put the store in your Picks. People read your picks and go to the store.

Try a classified add, even just $250 or $500 if you expect to go more than a month with this, to build up clientele.

Be mindful of the fact that you're in a very crowded space with breedables, and most people buy and sell from the Marketplace, not inworld, although their are advantages to inworld purchases. But if you main goal is to sell that kitty and not have a long-term store, you are better off underpricing the hundreds already on the MP and making sure your cat is fed and boxed properly before upload, and then described properly with keywords.

• Like 1

Hello and thanks to everyone that has responded so far for the advice. I am slowly networking with other breeders. The N world store was not my first idea until I found something that seemed reasonable for a start. Now I would like to just get going from there. Not sure how long it's going to last and I'm really not sure exactly how long I'll be doing it yet. But I am still willing to give things a try. Thank you for all the support. Sometimes the advice I get from others seems to conflict but I guess that's how you learn. Please keep the advice and tips coming. I am grateful and will check this thread often until either I have learned all I can for the moment or the thread closes. 

10 minutes ago, Rosey785Bloom said:

or the thread closes

Threads don't close around here unless folks start going WAY off topic and/or start attacking others.  As long as none of that happens, this thread will be here for all of SL eternity.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 635 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.