Replica AI in Second Life

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 126 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I made the mistake (?) of trying the "romance" option.  I won't say it was "creepy", just a little..what's the word..pathetic? (Whether me, the Replika AI, or both.)

It is different, but for some people it appears to be a positive change in their lives.  While I realize AI is completely fake, I would still consider having romantic relations with it to be like cheating and it would actually make me feel guilty.  Perhaps it is real enough, to create such feelings in me.  I do think, right now a lot of people are going to look down on it, ridicule people in relationships with AI, use it as a means to prop up their own sense of value in society which is unfortunate for those who already are struggling with romance in their lives.  

I think eventually it will probably just become more normal though.  I remember when online dating was considered cringe worthy, now it seems to be the default and people rely on it for dating a lot wouldn't know how to date without apps.  I wouldn't know, as I have been off the scene for a long time, lol.  It is interesting to think of the role this has had on society, a lot of people are outright frustrated with it and blame a lot of their problems on dating apps.  

Virtual relationships are fascinating to think about, a lot of people are apprehensive about it now, because they seem to feel it takes away their own value as they think what they offer in value, are their physical traits, it goes so much deeper than that though.  It has the possibility of really changing society in ways never experienced before, because ultimately, I do believe it will become just as popular as dating apps have become.

One thing is for certain though, in our strange hierarchal system of society, it will give some people less power over others. No doubt, it is going to get some people really frustrated, and those who still hold power over others when it comes to relationships will likely use such power they still maintain, to mock and ridicule those they see as beneath them.  

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 126 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.