SSE2

timeman Parx

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4689 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

SSE2 has been around 10years since intel introduced the pentium 4, recent processors from '09 onwards maybe earlier are now supporting SSE3 & SSE4 as well

if you download http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html it will tell you if you have SSE2 amongst other things
some SL viewers like Imprudence have standard and SSE2 installers of their viewers i think viewers like phoenix offer a choice of SSE2 or standard viewer during the installation  

• 1 month later...

SSE2 is certainly not in every CPU made since 2003.

I have a Compaq Presario sr1303wm (bought in 2005).

CPU: AMD Sempron 3000+, 2GHz (released in 2004, no sse2) (exceeds recommended, which doesn't mention SSE2 until you actually try to install it)
Memory: 2 GB (exceeds recommended)
Video: 1280x1024, ATI 9600XT (exceeds recommended)

The main viewer worked last year, but coming back to it I need to run a third party viewer? Yay, another set of controls to learn. Or maybe I'll just punt secondlife and do something else with my time.

KatyaFiregirl wrote:

SSE2 is certainly not in every CPU made since 2003.

I have a Compaq Presario sr1303wm (bought in 2005).

CPU: AMD Sempron 3000+, 2GHz (released in 2004, no sse2) (exceeds recommended, which doesn't mention SSE2 until you actually try to install it)

Memory: 2 GB (exceeds recommended)

Video: 1280x1024, ATI 9600XT (exceeds recommended)

The main viewer worked last year, but coming back to it I need to run a third party viewer? Yay, another set of controls to learn. Or maybe I'll just punt secondlife and do something else with my time.

Your machine uses the last CPU made that doesn't support SSE2. It's AMDs Barton core, first released February 10, 2003 as the Athlon XP.

• 4 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4689 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.