Are mesh appliers still needed?

Max Lexigle

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 662 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi! My main question is, now that BOM seems to be widely support is there any real need for appliers?? I mean, I know I'll probably still have to make appliers for anything on the head but do mesh bodies really need appliers anymore? do people still need eye appliers as well? If yes, can you guys reccomend the top 2 appliers I should create for bodies/eyes? Is omega still relevant now that we have bom?

*Edit this probably should have gone in the bom section! sorry!

Edited by Max Lexigle
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Max Lexigle said:

Hi! My main question is, now that BOM seems to be widely support is there any real need for appliers?? I mean, I know I'll probably still have to make appliers for anything on the head but do mesh bodies really need appliers anymore? do people still need eye appliers as well? If yes, can you guys reccomend the top 2 appliers I should create for bodies/eyes? Is omega still relevant now that we have bom?

*Edit this probably should have gone in the bom section! sorry!

Although you can use BOM for makeup, I still prefer some applier based eyeshadows and lipsticks especially if the BOM version is no mod or doesn't come with percentage of coverage.

I use appliers for my Lelutka eyes.  The shop I get mine from includes BOM as well as appliers for Catwa, Genus and Lelutka.  He also includes his own mesh eyes.  Appliers for eyes are nice since it's the only way I'm aware of to color each eye separately.  When you hit the applier, it says Left, Right or Both.  A lot of people like having that option.

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 3

Appliers are best for makeup. Most people would rather have 1 applier that shows them several different eyeshadows or lipsticks than a bunch of BOM layers with no idea what they look like until we put them on and wait for them to rez. BOM layers can also be knocked off or covered up when we put on other BOM layers, so that's annoying too.

I don't use applier layers on my mesh body, but I use appliers for my mesh clothing and Lelutka EvoX makeup. I think tattoo creators should also consider making tattoo layers that can have the texture change with a HUD, the same way that works for mesh clothes. Then it will be easy to have different tattoos on either arm, leg, shoulder or bum, which is difficult to impossible to do with BOM layers.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 662 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.