I got a question about buying land in the mainland

MaxSilverDragon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 715 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

28 minutes ago, MaxSilverDragon said:

will I be forced to pay $22 a month immediately if I bought 4096m or is there a 24-hour Grace. Cuz I'm planning to split it with four people

You would be charged for the full 4096m at your next monthly tier billing (tier is billed in arrears for the largest amount of tier you held during that billing cycle).

Probably the best thing to do would be to create a new group, have the other people you plan to split the land with donate their tier to the group, donate you part of the tier to the group, and then buy the land for that group.  Be sure to have that group active when you go to buy the land. 

• Like 6

To add a bit: your land is billed based on the highest total of square meters you owned in the previous billing month, even if you only own it for a few minutes. So, on the first billing date after you bought the parcel, you'd be billed for the 4096 sq m. If you split the land before that same billing date, so that during the *next* billing month, you did NOT own the full 4096 for any time at all, then your billing amount would drop down to the new high rate, whatever that might turn out to be. 

EDIT: I forgot to add that @MoiraKathleen's method of having the group buy is exactly how I would do it, too. 

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 715 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.