Vintage Pencil Dresses With Some Detail?

HSHPrincessofCarlisne

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 676 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everyone, 

I have followed vintage fashion models such as Idda van Munster and Rachel Ann Jensen in the past and I was wondering if there were any dresses in SL like the ones in the collage photo I attached. 

Pencil dresses are a staple in my wardrobe, but a lot of the vintage dresses I have found in SL on the marketplace and in-world stores tend to be quite plain and generic, with just a few shining exceptions. I tend towards the 1950s high-fashion looks you see models like Sunny Harnett and Dovima wear in things like vintage fashion magazines and photos rather than the rockabilly looks that people conjure up images of when the '50s are mentioned. I was wondering if there were more out there in SL that I haven't found; a lot of it tends to be decidedly modern-looking rather than something with a distinct vintage flair. Some examples from Valentina E. comes to mind, but most of the outfits tend to be entirely (and conspicuously) tinted in one color, for each color. 

I'm looking out for outfits with some detail, such as a fancy bow, a bolero, a striking collar, neckline or darts along the front or a row of tasteful vintage-style buttons or front-fastening; something that stands out as a supremely feminine vintage dress. Some contrast or two-tone details to break the monotony would also serve as an example. 

2.jpg

1.jpg

• Like 2

Hello,

Yes, I did check out Vintage Faire and I have heard of Lux Aeterna and their brand L & Co. Clothiers.

I'm looking for pencil dresses closer to knee-length rather than floor-length and generally more form-fitting throughout - especially below the waist, otherwise it's more of a sheath dress or an A-line dress.

The bits of detail I mentioned just helps to distinguish between an outfit and a sea of plain, generic pencil dresses as is often the case on the marketplace 😉

Besides Valentina E. I haven't really seen anything in SL quite like the vintage-inspired looks from those models I mentioned. 

Edited by LottaSinclair

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 676 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.