Looking for a certain Gesture (I think ?)

Charles Blakewell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 680 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I've seen a lot of people have this sort of... add on to their avatar where if anyone in the chat sends a heart emoji, it plays a certain sound and pixelized hearts surround their avatar for a second. Anybody know if this is something from the marketplace or if they've created it themselves? 

I don't know... but I do know gestures are ONLY triggered by a key press or the owner's chat. To be triggered by another's chat there has to be a script listening to the chat. So some type of attachment would be needed.

Plus there is no 'reliable' way to trigger a gesture from a script, AFAIK.

3 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

I don't know... but I do know gestures are ONLY triggered by a key press or the owner's chat. To be triggered by another's chat there has to be a script listening to the chat. So some type of attachment would be needed.

Plus there is no 'reliable' way to trigger a gesture from a script, AFAIK.

Ah yeah, so gesture is out of the question lol. Still trying to figure out how the hell they're doing it. 

It's probably a custom script. Gadgets like that are often not sold in stores or on the MP but passed around full-perm (or at least copy + transfer). Best thing is to ask someone who has it, if is transferable. If it isn't, they should be able to point you to where they got it.

On 6/11/2022 at 9:43 AM, FloofyFoxChaz said:

Ah yeah, so gesture is out of the question lol. Still trying to figure out how the hell they're doing it. 

Sorry. I thought it was clear...

There is a scripted item either on you or someone near by that listens to chat then triggers a particle cloud. Particle sources can be programmed to release from a specified point. Or said another way, the particles will appear to come from wherever the scripter specifies within a limit.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 680 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.