Premium Account Extra Bonus Group Deed

Liz Elan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 774 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So i have a question , i got a 2048 sq.m land from an auction directly from LL (1024 sq.m. is with premium) and i am interested to deed in a group that i own( yes i have an alt and we are both owners in the group) MY question is do i check allow deed to group and owner makes contribution with deed or only the allow deed to group for to get the extra bonus and for that is all good ?

And after this do in the group i need to put 1024 sq.m , 2048 sq.m or 1126 sq.m. that i see available in the group land available?

I am a little confused , i would appreciate if someone could help me , thanks!

8 minutes ago, Liz Elan said:

you buy a 2048 parcel, so you need to have one premium, without Linden home, and a extra tier level of 1024 to cover the land you bought.
or:
you bring in the extra tier level  from a premium alt without Linden Home.( in this case first donate both the tier to the group or if you don't you'll put your own account into a higher tier level, and buy for group (will automaticly deed it) )

The group bonus is only usable for land for the group, it's not like you personally get  10% more. 
With these relatively small parcels, you won't gain a lot with adjusting the donation to the level you really need.
A extra parcel of that size is nearly not usable, because of the low amount of m3 / LI available.
It will only be of real use when it's adjacent to your "main parcel"  or be on the same region ( within a same region the available Li from one owner will be available on one or all parcels there)

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Liz Elan said:

I understand i will need to pay extra form my premium account.... do i check allow deed to group and owner makes contribution with deed or only the allow deed to group ?

go to your accountpage and level up to the needed tier level, than inworld donate the tier to the group, after that be sure the group is active( = wear the grouptag), and "buy for group", no other things needed.

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 2

On 5/10/2022 at 12:36 AM, Liz Elan said:

i got a 2048 sq.m land from an auction directly from LL

As you purchased via an auction, Linden Lab automatically increased your tier level from 0 to 1024, which means they will charge you $7/month for the 1024 tier. All is well at this point, you need take no further action.

There is no reason to deed this to a group, as you are the sole owner, and the 10% group bonus only gives you 204.8 sqm , which as Alwin points out, may not be useful.

However, there is also no harm in deeding it to a group. In this case, you would use the "owner makes contribution with deed" option.

Group ownership is useful when you have larger tiers and corresponding larger bonuses, when multiple people are sharing ownership, or when you are using alts in a creative way to decrease your tier payments.

• Like 3

I bought 2048 sq.m why it shows this amount? what am i adoing wrong ? i am a little stressed now cause i should pay for the extra 1024 sq. as i am a premium and own total 2048 but here it shows i should pay 16.12 usd

fb31fe990a232fe21fbb5f085b2cb962.png

4 minutes ago, Liz Elan said:

I bought 2048 sq.m why it shows this amount? what am i adoing wrong ? i am a little stressed now cause i should pay for the extra 1024 sq. as i am a premium and own total 2048 but here it shows i should pay 16.12 usd

fb31fe990a232fe21fbb5f085b2cb962.png

if you owned a Linden Home, or another mainland 1024 parcel, or were contributing tier to a group, at the time you bought the 2048 meters at auction then at that moment you would have owned 3072 meters. On Friday 05-20-2022 you will have to pay the $US16.12, because you owned 3072 meters at the same time during the billing period

from the looks of it you have since abandoned your Linden Home (or other 1024 parcel, or taken back a group tier contribution) which is why it shows 1024m available and it will stay like this until Thursday 05-19-2022

It shows Current holding = 0, as it appears you have not yet taken possession of the auctioned parcel

• Like 2

You have been very helpful Molly  , actually i owned a 1024 sq.m.  for a couple of weeks or so then abandoned it and went for the 2048 sq.m so now it makes sense as you explain it , thank you very much 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Liz Elan said:

actually i owned a 1024 sq.m.  for a couple of weeks or so then abandoned it and went for the 2048 sq.m

if you are sure you abandoned the 1024m parcel before you won the auction, you might want to query the billing with Linden Support

I don't remember exactly how auctions work these days, other than the L$ amount of our bid is held in escrow ? Am not sure what the effect of a bid has on tier - like is the L$ converted to tier at the moment of placing the first bid ?. Somebody who has experience with auctions might come by and tell us. Linden Support be able to say for sure

it might be that you never bid until after you abandoned, and if so then you would only have 2048 tier to pay. About $7 and not $16. It won't hurt to put in a Support Ticket to clarify even if it ends up you do have to pay the $16 instead of $7

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 774 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.