Deploy Plan for the week commencing 2nd May 2022?

Aishagain

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 723 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So the Main Server Roll is under way and my region has been rolled.  But until I go inworld I have no idea to WHAT.  I can assume it will be 570936, which was on the RC channel last week but really, this should not be a matter of guesswork.

C'mon LL communicate!

ETA after logging on we are on 571166 ....so obvious...NOT.

Edited by Aishagain

• Aishagain changed the title to Deploy Plan for the week commencing 2nd May 2022?

From last week's deploy plan on the RCs, "The new project from 2022-04-21.571166 includes some bug fixes and new features in LSL, which are detailed in the release notes." So I guess they're rolling that out grid-wide.

As for the RC rolls tomorrow, I can see a number of scenarios - most likely being:

• All the RCs get an updated 570936 (more "under-the-hood" stuff) which also includes the 571166 fixes (lets call it 57xxxx)
  • RCs on 570936 get 57xxxx, those on 571166 stay on 571166
  • RCs on 570936 get 57xxxx, those on 571166 get an updated 571166 which has bug-fixes destined for main channel 10th May

According to Inara Pey's report on the SUG meeting, a particular version was rolled out. So unless you go to the right in-world user group the Lindens just don't care about us.

I thought being a paying customer would help, but I feel more like food.

1 hour ago, arabellajones said:

I thought being a paying customer would help, but I feel more like food.

Heh.  We come back to that eternal conundrum "When is a client not a customer".  LL really do not think of us "users" as paying customers and as such we have very little, if any, call on their attention.  'twas ever thus.  The United States' definition of customer rights is significantly at variance with the British (or European, I have to add that since Britain ahem, "took back control"[feel free to laugh insanely at this point]) concept.

We can rail, but ultimately they do a fine impersonation of someone with their fingers in their ears singing "La la la I can't hear you".

There will be reasons for this silence but in the end they are just excuses and they signify nothing.

PS: I must point out that LL's policy, if it can be called such, does not encompass several Linden staff, who clearly DO give a damn about us and communicate freely and regularly in these fora.  In circumstances such as those currently extant, I suspect they have no more information than us, the great unwashed clients(speaking of which I am off for a shower).

Edited by Aishagain

My home parcel region which was on 570936 is now running 2022-04-29.571411 but release notes don't say whether includes the new LSL stuff from 571166

Edit: a quick test shows llGetVisualParams is implemented, so i assume 571411 does include all the 571166 fixes.

Edited by LoganPryor
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 723 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.