Unable to Remove Items (help)

sugarspiceandeverythingrosie

Question

I made an avatar and she looked fine (nothing was wrong). I wanted to create another avatar (starting with a default avi) with the same components as the first one (which includes a legacy body, shape and tattoo). However, whenever I go to use my legacy body, it gives me a body that has the tattoos that I put on the first one and I can't even detach or remove them. I tried to go into my inventory to remove the tattoos, but it shows it's not even highlighted. I opened Legacy's menu, but it says, "please attach a compatible body". I attempted to go to my original avi to remove the tats but no luck. I'm having the same issue with not being able to remove eyeliner. I refreshed, detached, cleared cached and nothing worked. Please help. 

6 answers to this question

You must have used appliers to.APPLY the tattoos/eyeliner/etc.  When using appliers on.mesh bodies and heads, you must use the HUD to CLEAR those layers.  Tattoos using BOM can be found on the worn tab in inventory and removed.  If there is no BOM tattoo/eyeliner/etc in the worn tab, you have used an applier.  Clear from head or body HUD.

• Like 1

On 5/9/2022 at 2:41 PM, Rowan Amore said:

You must have used appliers to.APPLY the tattoos/eyeliner/etc.  When using appliers on.mesh bodies and heads, you must use the HUD to CLEAR those layers.  Tattoos using BOM can be found on the worn tab in inventory and removed.  If there is no BOM tattoo/eyeliner/etc in the worn tab, you have used an applier.  Clear from head or body HUD.

Thank you for your response. I am unable clear anything because my body and face HUD won't open. When I attempt to open the body HUD, it states, "please attach a compatible body or if wearing one, please attach meshbody." I believe I followed those instructions, but nothing happened, it still says the same thing. I tried double clicking to take off the HUD but nothing happened as well. And I don't think I'm wearing any appliers or any that I can at least see. 

You are new... so I'll over explain. I am not talking down, I just want to be sure you haven't missed something basic since you are new.

Appliers are tools used to put textures on primitive 3D objects in SL (i.e., cube, etc) or prims as we call them. Mesh bodies are a type of prim. Its like sticking a decal on something. Once applied it is there until it is removed or replaced.

I don't use the Legacy body. So, I am going to be a bit generic. Mesh bodies come in several flavors, Applier and BOM styles are most common, and some are a combination of the two. With BOM bodies you can look in Inventory or Outfits->Wearing to see what all you are wearing. With Applier bodies you can wear stuff on the body/head that does not show as worn. It often doesn't show in the body/head HUD. But, it can be removed using the CLEAR functions in the HUDs, as Rowan pointed out.

When a body HUD tells you the body is not compatible, you have either the wrong body or the wrong HUD. HUDs and mesh body parts they control must match. My Slink HUDs won't work on Maitreya bodies. HUDs and their targets are NEVER generic or standardized. Each is unique and specialized for a specific attachment.

One also has to be careful with versions within the same brand. My Slink Redux HUD is not going to work wit my Slink Physique body.

I think you'll get that one has to keep brands and versions together and organized so one doesn't get mixed up. It can be tedious. But once one has the hang of it, it is actually very simple. Sort of like boxes of puzzles, mixing multiple boxes of puzzle pieces together greatly increases the challenge.

• Like 2

I found the fix. Go into the legacy [edit] 1.1 or 1.1 upscaled whichever you use and then if you look at the first icon on the left theres layers. you can hide some of those layers your tattoo is on one of them

now if you wanna just remove it from the avatar go to the second icon on the left (the middle one, your style tab) then click on that little icon that looks like a heart and star. down at the bottom theres a little eraser, click that then click tattoo and it erases that mf. BOOM.

Edited by Razayak

i have the issue where i have bom layers not applied by hud just bom, when i try to remove them they are not highlighted as worn in inventory and then in my current outfit it shows im wearing them so when i try to remove them there it wont let me. i cant remove bom items till i relog, thats when it allows me to remove any bom items. now if i put on a new bom item the same thing happens as mentioned earlier and i cannot remove it unless i relog.