Firestorm 6.5.3.65658 problem with slplugin.exe

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 748 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I tried the latest Firestorm 6.5.3.65658 and had problems with the slplugin.exe, this message keep popping up:image.png.caa1670cc30eaf332e20197d78e60a5f.png

I'm using Windows 11

I uninstalled it and installed again and had the same problem.

Next I uninstalled and installed the older 6.4.21.64531 again and have not seen the problem.

Has anyone else seen this or have any ideas for me? I was hoping to play with the 360 snapshot.

I am sure that this post will get an authoritative answer from one of the FS devs once they see it, but for now I can (I think) tell you that as far as I can remember this issue is caused by a corrupt file within the version of FMOD used by the most recent version of the llplugin.  I assume this means the version of the "official" viewer is similarly affected on Windows 11 machines.

I do not see this issue on Windows 10 21H2, so whatever the issue, I guess it's related to Win 11's rather more demanding security.

As to a solution, wiser counsel than I must prevail.

I'd advise you to ask inworld of the Firestorm Support Group.

Edited by Aishagain

I also run Windows 11, no issues here while using the newest viewer. Please make sure that after manual removal (through the add/remove in Control Panel/Settings) you do not have any leftovers in the installation directory, in Program Files - it needs to be empty. After making sure of that you can install a fresh copy of the FS executables. See https://jira.firestormviewer.org/browse/FIRE-31461

Edited by panterapolnocy

5 hours ago, panterapolnocy said:

I also run Windows 11, no issues here while using the newest viewer. Please make sure that after manual removal (through the add/remove in Control Panel/Settings) you do not have any leftovers in the installation directory, in Program Files - it needs to be empty. After making sure of that you can install a fresh copy of the FS executables.

This is how I reinstalled. The JIRA reference does appear to descible my problem, I'll go though it all carefully, thanks 

Edited by Pryda Parx

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 748 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.