Houseboat Layout Change

EnchantrixLisa

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 798 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have my houseboat but I was wondering if Linden Labs will allow a change in layout. My houseboat is on a horizontal parcel but I would like the houseboat changed to vertical.  Most of them have opening door to a small deck but I don't think LL accounted for it the boat is placed horizontal you will be facing another houseboat.  Or will I have to go on another search adventure? 

23 minutes ago, EnchantrixLisa said:

I have my houseboat but I was wondering if Linden Labs will allow a change in layout. My houseboat is on a horizontal parcel but I would like the houseboat changed to vertical.  Most of them have opening door to a small deck but I don't think LL accounted for it the boat is placed horizontal you will be facing another houseboat.  Or will I have to go on another search adventure? 

You will have to abandon your current houseboat and grab a new one.  The good news is that there are far more rectangular (vertical) houseboat parcels than square ones, so the odds are good that you will get one.  It's also a good time to grab a new houseboat if you intend to do so, as they have been constantly available for the past couple of days.  That probably won't last, so it's best to get one soon than to wait.  

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Matthieu Quander said:

You will have to abandon your current houseboat and grab a new one.  The good news is that there are far more rectangular (vertical) houseboat parcels than square ones, so the odds are good that you will get one.  It's also a good time to grab a new houseboat if you intend to do so, as they have been constantly available for the past couple of days.  That probably won't last, so it's best to get one soon than to wait.  

Hey there! Yup I bit the bull*t and abandoned the parcel.  I liked it because it wasn't crowded with a lot of Houseboats but I guess I'm back on the hunt. 

• Like 3

So on my second try I found a spot...for now lol.  I'm not closed in as there is only one houseboat next to me. The other side is empty and the way the layout is set up I doubt another houseboat could fit in either layout.  :)

Edited by EnchantrixLisa
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, EnchantrixLisa said:

I found a spot on my second try and I think I will stay for now lol.  Only on one side do I have another houseboat next to me, and the other side is empty and from the layout I doubt another houseboat can be placed there. :) 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Marisa Starbrook said:

I'm glad you found a keeper, @EnchantrixLisa. I've rarely been interested in the square houseboat parcels for the reasons you've given. I have certain houseboats that I like to use (Wallower and Evening Star). If I can't rez them in a decent orientation, then I won't keep the parcel.  

This was me originally, but I've warmed to the square parcels.  Of course, location makes a huge difference.  My Evening Star doesn't point to the open water, but it doesn't point at a neighbor either.  I have learned to appreciate the less crowded feel of the square.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Matthieu Quander said:

This was me originally, but I've warmed to the square parcels.  Of course, location makes a huge difference.  My Evening Star doesn't point to the open water, but it doesn't point at a neighbor either.  I have learned to appreciate the less crowded feel of the square.  

My very first houseboat was on a square, and it worked out fine. I used the Wallower,  it had a wonderful view, and it was on the end. I didn't get as lucky with my later houseboats. 

• Like 2

On 3/24/2022 at 9:41 AM, Marisa Starbrook said:

I'm glad you found a keeper, @EnchantrixLisa. I've rarely been interested in the square houseboat parcels for the reasons you've given. I have certain houseboats that I like to use (Wallower and Evening Star). If I can't rez them in a decent orientation, then I won't keep the parcel.  

I agree.  I think LL should have selected Houseboats that fit that kind of set up.  You don't want your deck facing another houseboat, etc. you want it to face the water.  I also noticed some parcels have music and some don't but I think I figured out how to add a music stream.  

23 hours ago, Matthieu Quander said:

That was the initial reason I liked it was the fact the homes weren't close because of the square layout.  But my choice of home and the layout had the deck facing another houseboat.  I have seen a lot of nice houseboats on the MP but every time I think about buying a beach parcel the locations always look hodgepodge, and not aesthetically pleasing at least for me. 

• Moles

Houseboats were made with entry to the dock on different sides and residents can choose any of the models from the house controller ring. Which meant on the square parcels not all the houseboats could face the same direction when rezzed in the same spot. When I lay out parcels I have to find a balance between; where I can run docks without blocking in another parcel, how easily can you enter the parcel with a boat, and where do I place the controller so all the options rezz with their dockside entry on a dock. Which direction the houseboats actually face is determined by those factors. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 798 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.