Which head should I use?

rOrii Wylder

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 847 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My friend is updating from Catwa to Lelutka but she'd like to mantain her face features as similar as possible. 

So we bought a shape and started working on it -because her original shape wont work on Lelutka- but her jaw looks so bad and we cannot get it to work. She bought the Lilly head, so I am wondering maybe she needs a different model of head in order to archive the shape of her face?  

We managed to get the lips, mouth and eyes to her taste. But her cheeks and jaw look off so I would like some advice if possible.

Thank you so much

Snapshot _ 11.png

Snapshot _ Modera.png

Snapshot _ The Good W.png

Snapshot _ The Good.png

Each head is made and rigged differently. Getting to like like "yourself" is difficult and often impossible simply because of the perameters of the head. So trying LOTS of demos of different brands is pretty  much the only answer. This takes a lot of time and energy so be prepared to work many hours or days to find something that will please you.    I have only changed heads once in like eight years LOL and it took me a full day to get Lilly to look much like "me".  I have some alts that are still looking for heads that can be made to look like they started out.      

Usually the best method is to start with the default shape(s) that come with your head demo.  Use the skin you have been using before to get a better idea of how and if your head can look like you.  If you haven't made a lot of shapes before, pay attention to what each of the sliders DOES and save under different names often in case you are doing well and then mess up. 

It isn't really a matter of which head is better.  You might like one HUD better than that of another brand, but the crafted shape and how it was rigged will be the thing that makes one head better for you than another. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, rOrii Wylder said:

My friend is updating from Catwa to Lelutka but she'd like to mantain her face features as similar as possible. 

Snapshot _ The Good.png

In your picture I show, it looks like you are getting close and using the default camera settings. As the camera with default settings is moved close you begin to get a fish-eye effect. The nose gets big, the eyes stretch horizontally, and the ears tend to hide behind the cheeks.

Use Ctrl-8 (wide-angle, fish-eye effect - good for panoramas), Ctrl-9 (reset to 55mm lens - good for general and medium  range photos), and Ctrl-0 (telephoto - good for close up portraits).

If you are attempting to duplicate a look, use the Ctrl-0   5 or 6 times to make it easier.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

In your picture I show, it looks like you are getting close and using the default camera settings. As the camera with default settings is moved close you begin to get a fish-eye effect. The nose gets big, the eyes stretch horizontally, and the ears tend to hide behind the cheeks.

Use Ctrl-8 (wide-angle, fish-eye effect - good for panoramas), Ctrl-9 (reset to 55mm lens - good for general and medium  range photos), and Ctrl-0 (telephoto - good for close up portraits).

If you are attempting to duplicate a look, use the Ctrl-0   5 or 6 times to make it easier.

I never knew about changing the lens so to speak, I'll be using these features! Thank you for the info!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

Thanks for the tips, I didn't know you could do that :)  will definatly be trying this as well

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 847 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.