Ideas needed

ItHadToComeToThis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 832 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

First of all. This is probably in the wrong section. But, given we don’t have a section for discussing general creation ideas and concepts (hint hint LL) I’m posting it here as the project does involve scripting. Even if the question doesn’t. If it’s better served elsewhere then admin can move.

I want to create a mission system for my combat system. However, the system isn’t tied to land and is able to be used anywhere in the grid. I am running short on ideas for what missions you could set for a PVP orientated combat system that is usable anywhere on the grid.

There is the standard of kill x people, play for x time, visit x regions etc etc. But I would love to have some kind of adventure type missions that would take people around SL and engage them in a story with tasks to complete.

i appreciate that not everyone will want someone randomly dropping in on their sim so it would have to be a fluid system that adapts to the sim or parcel you are on.

What are your thoughts on a system like this and how do you think it would be best to implement it and can you throw me any ideas for ways to make it interesting with the obvious restrictions that would be imposed?.

Yeah, the problem is that SL is very much a shared experience, and you can individually instance things for only specific people, so you can't say, make something like "pokemon GO" in SL very easily. So, broad strokes, your options are either to allow landowners to set down story nodes (could market it as a traffic increasing thing) that the quests somehow interact with, or make very general goals that aren't tied to much (EX. go as high as you can on XYZ sim without flying.)

some thoughts on a grid-wide game

1) Use Linden Rezz Zones as game spawn points. The game map HUD contains landmarks to Rezz Zones - player able to rez game objects on spawn. Pick a Spawn point from game map and self auto-teleport

2) On Spawn, broadcast presence on game channel (allow about 2-3 minutes before Broadcast, player has time to rezz in properly)

3) On Broadcast, other players on region will auto-pingback (I am here and active in the game) Broadcast player then auto-replies with Ack. Players can OOC as they like

4) On Ack, game on between the active players

given the game spawn points are public right-of-ways then what game could be played. One game could be Battle Wagons

5) Rez a Battle Wagon, sit/drive it and try to beat the other player(s) on their battle wagon(s)

6) How to win: Push the other player off the road. Battle wagon script can detect parcel underneath. On Pushed Off Road then lose, player unseated. Game Over

7) Battle wagon script: On Game On, changes battle wagon to PRIM_TEMP_ON_REZ (auto clean up)

8 ) Cheating. Main cheats are:
 a) Flipping battle wagon status to non-physical or phantom. Battle wagon script can detect this - automatic lose
 b) Battle wagon teleporting (llSetPos). Battle wagon script can also detect this - automatic lose

9) Probably need a inworld group for communication to/between game players (maybe also a Discord)

10) Players can build any kind of battle wagon they like. Their vehicle just has to have the No-Modify Battle Wagon script in it

10a) add: Best to restrict the size of the battle wagon. Say max, 2 meters wide by 4 meters long and 2 meters  high. If not then some people will make ginormous wagons which take up the whole road. Battle Wagon script can detect size. If over-sized then unsit - automatic lose

Edited by Mollymews
typs and 10
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 832 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.