Group Owned Land and Tier Levels

JD Morningstar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 987 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a question about how tier charges are determined for group owned land.

When land is donated to the group, is the tier paid by the original owner of the land or is it spread out among the premium members in the group? I am thinking that if I own half a region and another member owns half a region, and we both donate our land to a group that we both own; the group now owns a full region and the tier is paid by the original owners who donated the land. If there is a third member in the group (who is also a group owner) but who did not contribute land, then they are not responsible for paying any portion of the tier. In this scenario, the group owns an entire region plus an extra 10% ,but only the two group owners who donated are responsible for paying the tier. Is that right?  

The benefit is that we get an extra 10% before we go into the next tier and we can own an entire region and divide the cost among those who contributed the land. 

you sort of have it right. At least in the outcome

we do not have to contribute tier to a group of which we are an owner. Any member of a group can contribute tier regardless of their group status/level  

if we do contribute tier we are individually responsible to pay the amount of contributed tier on our due date to Linden - up to the amount of our contribution

we are not accountable for the non-payment of tier by other members of the group

should there not be enough total tier contributions to cover the parcel then Linden will reclaim the parcel

Edited by Mollymews
more
  • Like 1

To add to what Molly said, think of it as contributing the *use* of your land allowance, and it might be a little clearer. You pay for your land allowance, and you are choosing to let the group use it on group-owned land. But the bottom line is that you remain responsible for the monthly payment, whether you use it to purchase land yourself, or allow the group to use it. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, JD Morningstar said:

I have a question about how tier charges are determined for group owned land.

When land is donated to the group, is the tier paid by the original owner of the land or is it spread out among the premium members in the group? I am thinking that if I own half a region and another member owns half a region, and we both donate our land to a group that we both own; the group now owns a full region and the tier is paid by the original owners who donated the land. If there is a third member in the group (who is also a group owner) but who did not contribute land, then they are not responsible for paying any portion of the tier. In this scenario, the group owns an entire region plus an extra 10% ,but only the two group owners who donated are responsible for paying the tier. Is that right?  

The benefit is that we get an extra 10% before we go into the next tier and we can own an entire region and divide the cost among those who contributed the land. 

LAND is not 'donated' to the group.  The group must always buy the land, even if it is for L$0.

People (group owners and/or group members) donate TIER to the group.  Whomever donates the Tier, continues to pay for the tier (assuming it is over their 1024 allowance that LL gives them with their Premium account).  The group can then acquire up to 10% more total land than the total Tier donations.

As mentioned, if donated Tier falls below what is needed to support the land that the group has, then eventually LL will notify the group owners and give them (usually) 24-48 hours to correct the situation before they reclaim land.

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 987 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.