Seeking Full Homestead cheaper than what I am paying now (full EM rights, plus EM rights for my officers)

Rachelle Kiyori

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 886 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am looking to cut costs. Right now I am paying $6999 per week for a full homestead and am looking for something cheaper.

I won't move unless the value being offered in savings is more than just a tiny fraction. I'm looking to save at least 5%-10%, the more the better. No "introductory rates" - this price is something that needs to last.

Contact me with IM in-world if you want to offer me something - notecards are not necessary, my IM's do not usually cap.

Edited by Rachelle Kiyori

As someone who has extensively broken down the real costs of owning a homestead sim then renting it out, even after figuring in the buying costs for the homestead owner factored in over the first year so that it's purely the $109/month he's paying, the very cheapest anyone will be renting weekly to you is L6,287/week (based on today's exchange rate for L) and that means they are renting to you at cost.

Even I'm willing to offer a bit of profit weekly to someone so if L250 is roughly $1, and that means the landlord will make a whopping $52 profit in one year from me renting their homesteadI wouldn't expect to see anything under L6,500/week as a fair price.

Asking anyone to go to something like your 10% less would mean L6,300/week which means they are not making a profit. I don't think anyone's in the rental game here to be altruistic. But I win a lottery I'll have an archipelago of homesteads for rent at cost, promise.

Edited by Katherine Heartsong

Then again, Bold Burner posted earlier in another thread he offers 1/4 homesteads at L1600 which means it should be L6400 for a full homestead. He's been around since 2016 but I don't know his reputation as a landlord. 6400 seems like a good price if you can get that. I might consider that but would need to do more research on his operation. 

Edited by Katherine Heartsong

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2022 at 6:57 PM, tripphawthorn said:

I saw some in the " Homesteads for rent ' forum for  $5000 a week with 7500 prims  look around,  they're out there .   Good Luck on your search

I've seen 1/4 30K sims for that price and prims, but since homesteads only offer 5K prims, I'm not sure where you're possibly seeing this combination of price and prims for a homestead. Please provide a link to a posting if you can.

There is one near me that is 5600 called "Neo" (I liked the name and it was next door so I zipped over).  I thought it was 5000 when I went over yesterday but made have read is incorrectly. Not sure about abilities.  There are two others for rent nearby too. I have noted a LOT of ads for land sales - rent lately (more than the norm).  Beware though that when something sounds "too good" it sometimes is. Plenty of reports of people renting and then having landlord disappear and land reclaimed. So a long time company is probably safest.  I pay 6488 at RGB which isn't the cheapest but seems very stable.    This is NOT that company.  

image.thumb.png.c5556470a0f6d237b01c840682fb39d5.png

I'm with @Chic Aeon on this one. L6488 is a good price.

This one above, 5600?

They're losing L700/week on that rental, or about US$160/year. I don't know how anyone, even an altruistic saint, is willing to lose $160.

If I were rich and retired I'd happily own a slew of sims and homesteads and rent to anyone at cost, but even then I'd not want to lose any money more than a few dollars a year.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 886 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.