Looking for a way to play uploaded MP3s/WAVs on my land

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 853 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm looking for something like a radio, but one that would allow me to play content I've uploaded, continuously without me having to be present on my land. Maybe just one particular song I love and that suits the mood of the atmosphere. Does anything like this exist?

Thanks in advance

Just now, Nimue Galatea said:

I'm looking for something like a radio, but one that would allow me to play content I've uploaded, continuously without me having to be present on my land. Maybe just one particular song I love and that suits the mood of the atmosphere. Does anything like this exist?

yes but it's called streaming/broadcasting on the www.
The used url where your stream is broadcasting on is the one to put in the music tab on your landsettings in the viewer.
You need a broadcasting program like Sam or VDJ .. or even Winamp with the matching additions.
And you need a stream, you can make one on your own machine, but most rent one because it's quite a load on your bandwith.
You'll also have to know, but most ignore it, that it is illegal to do without the proper licenses.

Another thing you can use is to upload a song ( in pieces of at most 10 kb, and glue them together with a script in a prim to your song to play.

42 minutes ago, Nimue Galatea said:

Thanks in advance

Uploaded to SL or to another place ?

3 minutes ago, rasterscan said:

Uploaded to SL or to another place ? 10 second wav's can be uploaded to SL and 'stitched' together with a script, and media on a prim will play mp3's located elsewhere. 'scuse double post its early 

Edited by rasterscan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 853 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.