How can I find on the world map friends who are online?

Tara Phelan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 841 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

11 minutes ago, Tara Phelan said:

It looks as though   worldmap > findonline > myfriendsonline   should work, but it doesn't.  Instead, the map seems to insist on showing just me and all my landmarks.

Any and all help and suggestions very much appreciated.

Happy 2022!

that will only work if your friends have enabled that setting for you, it's not a standard thing.
Most people won't stay friends for long if they feel tracked by it, there's no privacy when using it.

• Like 4

//  that will only work if your friends have enabled that setting for you, it's not a standard thing.
Most people won't stay friends for long if they feel tracked by it, there's no privacy when using it. //

Makes sense.  How do enable/disable it for myself?  I don't see that option in me > preferences.

6 minutes ago, Tara Phelan said:

//  that will only work if your friends have enabled that setting for you, it's not a standard thing.
Most people won't stay friends for long if they feel tracked by it, there's no privacy when using it. //

Makes sense.  How do enable/disable it for myself?  I don't see that option in me > preferences.

Welcome to Second Life forums, Tara, and Happy New Year to you too.

Bring up the person's profile and click on the option at the bottom of the profile to allow them to see where you are on the world map.  

Also when you look at your entire list of friends, there should be tick boxes to the right hand side where you can give each of your friends different privileges, from being able to see you on the world map to editing your objects.  

• Like 2

//  Welcome to Second Life forums, Tara, and Happy New Year to you too.

Bring up the person's profile and click on the option at the bottom of the profile to allow them to see where you are on the world map.  

Also when you look at your entire list of friends, there should be tick boxes to the right hand side where you can give each of your friends different privileges, from being able to see you on the world map to editing your objects.   //

Thanks very much!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 841 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.