Help! Places with Poses Where I Can Take Good Group Pictures

Vanity Fair

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1007 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Happy New Year! I plan to be spending a lot more time in SL as the Omicron wave of the coronavirus pandemic hits over the next month. SL is my happy place to escape from messy, painful, chaotic reality...hope you all are doing well and holding up well under these unprecedented circumstances!

I wanted to take some shots of my alts all together for posterity 😉(you know, in case COVID finally polishes me off) and I know that there are many places on the grid that offer backdrops/scenery for taking pictures. Does anybody know of a place like this, but where there are good group poses/poseballs which you could use for a picture of a group of avatars?

What I am looking for is a place where there are natural-looking group poses/poseballs which indicate a bit of interaction (NON SEXUAL!) so I can arrange a group of avatars. The attached pictures give you an idea of what I am looking for; in the past, I have successfully been able to get up to ten avatars/alts loaded on my high-end gaming PC if I use the lowest possible display settings on all but one window, so if there are poses for 6-10 avatars that would be ideal. (.I know, I'm insane, but we've already established that on my blog.) 😜

Thanks in advance for any help, pointers, or tips. If I have to I will search on the Marketplace for group poses, so if you have any suggestions for great poses for sale for 6-10 avatars, please let me know! Appreciate it.

Oh! I forgot to mention that I’d also be interested to learn more about tools which allow you to make adjustments to existing poses, e.g. making eyes look in a certain direction or moving a hand slightly. Much obliged! Please feel free to leave a comment with your suggestions of poses or tools, thanks!

group photo 1.jpg

Group shot.png

Group Photo 2.png

Edited by Vanity Fair
typos; added last paragraph
  • Like 1

Backdrop City (?) might be the key place I know where you are likely to find poses of this sort. And if you join, you can set out your own.

As for adjusting poses and facial expressions, the Black Dragon has its superb built-in poser. AnyPose is also not bad. And for facial expressions, there is nothing better than LeLutka's Axis HUD.

Just to add: Both the LeLutka Axis HUD and AnyPose allow you to pose other people's avatars -- which is to say, your alts. Up to about 4 or 5 I think.

Also, if you're looking for good, cheap poses, a number of pose places sell nice packages (generally about 6 poses to a set) for the various weekend sales. For natural, non-modelly poses, I like Stun. The Owl and Fashiowl are also pretty good, and a newish one I've recently been buying from . . . Amiate? Or something? (I'll check.) Foxcity also does some (and occasionally nice backdrops), but their poses are more often designed for specific contexts and backdrops.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 2

For getting multiple avatars in a photo shoot, I use the Radegast viewer to log my alts on and use either firestorm or the official viewer for the main photographer.

For adjusting existing poses, I believe the Black Dragon view has a poser feature.  Since my potato computer couldn't handle it, I use AnyPose instead.

Edited by Eddy Vortex
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1007 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.