Anyone make custom avatars?

Vannessariley

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 846 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Look in the jobs and services section of the forum. Also look for your character in the marketplace.

However, famous people pretty much have a copyright on their looks. Using a look-alike can result in a cease and desist order. Chances are good that won't happen. But it has in the past.

• Like 1

From what I've read, someone cannot actually copyright their face.

"Many wonder, “Can I trademark my face?” Unfortunately, the immediate answer is no. Copyright is only valid for man-made creative ventures. ... Items found in nature, such as DNA and human faces, are not deliberately created by man. Instead, they are considered a natural phenomenon"

Makes sense to me

1 hour ago, Velvet Voxel said:

From what I've read, someone cannot actually copyright their face.

"Many wonder, “Can I trademark my face?” Unfortunately, the immediate answer is no. Copyright is only valid for man-made creative ventures. ... Items found in nature, such as DNA and human faces, are not deliberately created by man. Instead, they are considered a natural phenomenon"

Makes sense to me

Can You Ever Use A Celebrity Likeness?

While you could be sued for unauthorized commercial use of someone’s likeness, there are times when it is ok to use a celebrity’s image. The simplest method is to get the celebrity’s permission to use their likeness. This may require:

Fees or royalties paid to the celebrity

Signing a legal agreement from the celebrity

These tactics will likely shield you from a lawsuit for the unauthorized usage of their image.

https://artandprosper.com/can-you-draw-a-celebrity-and-sell-it/

So what if I'm a twin for a celeb, which I've seen..............Does whoever is older get dibs? lol The thing is unless you take a picture of what ever celebrity you fancy and paste that EXACT photo onto an avi, your only doing a similarity and not an exact copy anyway. I have no desire to resemble any famous person, but I sure as hell am not going to pay royalties or fee's because I happen to resemble someone famous. I guess if I'm running around with their name over my head too, that's a different story perhaps.

Edited by Velvet Voxel
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 846 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.