How do I advertise a Free Museum?

Haiku Quan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 855 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

What are the best ways to let people know about my Free Museum (Leodegrance: 169, 203, 66)?

It is not commercial, there's nothing for sale. I have contacted some of the best artists in SL and purchased the right to give away copies of almost 100 of their best works. It's just my way of giving back to SL.

How do I get listed in Search? Might the museum qualify for the Destination Guide? How else to get word out?

2 answers to this question

Here's the information you need to understand how to get your museum listed in the Destination Guide, which is a very good idea.

You should also get to know the owners of other museums and art galleries, many of whom share information about each other's sites. Investigate ways to direct visitors from one museum to another, since you share a common goal.  Finally, although you cannot advertise in the forums, remember that it is OK to have a forum signature line with a link to your Second Life profile or information about your Second Life business. Just click on your name in the upper right corner of the screen and select Account Settings >> Signature.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 855 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.