Properties with sale descriptions not for sale.

Kira Skydancer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 860 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

... At first I assumed that if a property has a sale description, but is not for sale, that someone bought it but didn't update the About... and I'm sure this is true for many. But - is it true for all? So many I see belong to a group that is obviously a sale group due to the name, but it's not for sale. Many are in premium locations... Just trying to understand the market better, I do a very small business of buying and reselling roadside/navigable water properties (just enough to support my SL habit, lol).

• Like 2

If I understand your question correctly, you may be seeing parcels that are owned by land companies that both rent and sell land. The parcels in question may be off the market due to being rented, but will go up for sale once they are vacated. Not seeing any objects on the parcel isn't a true indicator, as there could be skyboxes in place instead.

They may also be holding off on setting the parcels for sale due to other reasons, like the current land market conditions. I recently contacted a land seller and just asked them outright if they were willing to sell a couple of parcels I had my eye on in a great location (but were not set for sale). I am now the owner of the parcels, and I have no idea why they weren't already set for sale before I inquired about them.

And yes, there are certainly examples out there of parcels that were purchased but the name has never been changed by the new owner. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Kira Trafalgar said:

... At first I assumed that if a property has a sale description, but is not for sale, that someone bought it but didn't update the About... and I'm sure this is true for many. But - is it true for all? So many I see belong to a group that is obviously a sale group due to the name, but it's not for sale. Many are in premium locations... Just trying to understand the market better, I do a very small business of buying and reselling roadside/navigable water properties (just enough to support my SL habit, lol).

There are all the reasons already discussed and then there is this:

o a land baron sells land for very cheap, then holds back some of it, and takes it off sale if it was on sale, only to put a high price on it in the hopes that the previous buyer will be induced to buy it now for a higher price

o a land baron takes land off sale because he is trying to stay at the top or near the top of the land-for-sale list in search, and if there are too many parcels for sale, evidently he loses visibility, so some of it is taken off sale if it is not selling

• Like 2

I have myself occasionally sold a parcel and out of curiosity have a look months later to see what became of it, only to find that it still bears my exact title and description despite being in use.  I have also seen land which was obviously once abandoned land, still bearing the title placed on it by the Linden who set it for sale to the buyer.  I think there are a few land buyers who may not understand a few of the issues of land ownership and management.   They are probably very happy owning their land and likely do a much better job of building stuff to put on it than I would   :)

Edited by Yukari Kimagawa
Typo
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 860 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.