second life not working

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3587 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have an upto date computer it has video card built in yet it keeps saying I need a video card...how can that be & what else can I do to get my second life working...I have checked & double checked still not working...boo hoo

it is Acer I am not that good at saying what it is or know much about comps but it has intel ® core 2 duo CPU processor...system type 32-bit Operating System..as I said I know nothing about comps sorry if this does not help with windows 7 home premium..P>S what is OS

The installer may be saying that it does not recognize your graphics card.  In tha case, try to porceed with the installation-- it may let you do that.   If it installs and you can log on to SL, go to your graphics panel and adjust your graphics to suit you

Me (top bar) -- Preferences - graphics

If the installer says you don't have a graphics card, the card is probably not regisered with Windows.  Check with the people who sold you the machine.  

TKR

• 3 weeks later...

it could be your Intel chipset for your onboard video

Do this..Go to the log in screen and then click "Help" then "About(viewer name)"

then copy that information and paste it here..that will show what  may not be fitting requirements if there is a problem with those..

you need to have an Intel 945 chipset or better  to run second life..

Second Life may not run on graphics cards other than the ones listed above. The following cards are NOT compatible with Second Life:

• NVIDIA cards that report as a RIVA TNT or TNT2
  • ATI cards that report as RAGE, RAGE PRO, or RADEON 320M, 340M, 345M, or similar model numbers
  • Intel chipsets less than a 945 including Intel Extreme
  • Cards with the following branding: 3DFX, RIVA, TNT, SiS, S3, S3TC, Savage, Twister, Rage, Kyro, MILENNIA, MATROX

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3587 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.