Avatar walking backwards on SL viewer

KarraSue

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1033 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I downloaded the  Second Life viewer, on my other computer yesterday, really liked how it performed. But have an issue, when I press the down arrow key, instead of my avatar walking toward me,  my avatar walks backward. What should I  be checking?

Thanks in advance

Depends on where SL hide the setting in their viewer. In Singularity it is on the Vanity tab in the preferences, and is called "Turn around when walking backwards". I can't check on the SL viewer at present because I'm on Linux tonight, if you can't find it under things like "Move and View" tab then look in the advanced debug settings, use "backwards" as the search string

Edited by Profaitchikenz Haiku

22 minutes ago, Profaitchikenz Haiku said:

Depends on where SL hide the setting in their viewer. In Singularity it is on the Vanity tab in the preferences, and is called "Turn around when walking backwards". I can't check on the SL viewer at present because I'm on Linux tonight, if you can't find it under things like "Move and View" tab then look in the advanced debug settings, use "backwards" as the search string

Ok thanks will try that

there is no debug setting in the Linden viewer which I am aware of that enables avatar to turn and walk toward the camera

to have an avatar turn and walk toward camera in the Linden viewer then our AO script can use llSetAnimationOverride, which automagically tells the viewer to rotate the walk animation 180 degrees

so to do this in the Linden viewer then get an AO that uses llSetAnimationOverride

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlSetAnimationOverride

extract:

When this function is used to override the Walking animation, the avatar can no longer walk backward - attempting to do so causes the avatar to turn around. Presumably this is because there's no way to specify a "walking backwards" animation, so actually moving backwards while your legs are moving forward would look wrong.

Edited by Mollymews
typs

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1033 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.