Holiday Premium Sale?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 899 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

When I joined Second Life and got my annual Premium Membership I missed out on the 10% off Holiday Premium Membership sale. I left SL for RL health reasons nearly a year ago, and now I'm back and considering if I want to get premium again. I just read the fine print and noticed that I wouldn't get a 1000L signing bonus this time because I've had premium before. So, I'm especially interested to see if there will be a 10% off annual membership holiday sale this year, so that I don't miss out this time.

Does anyone have any info on possible news about it?

56 minutes ago, ValuedAndSelective said:

When I joined Second Life and got my annual Premium Membership I missed out on the 10% off Holiday Premium Membership sale. I left SL for RL health reasons nearly a year ago, and now I'm back and considering if I want to get premium again. I just read the fine print and noticed that I wouldn't get a 1000L signing bonus this time because I've had premium before. So, I'm especially interested to see if there will be a 10% off annual membership holiday sale this year, so that I don't miss out this time.

Does anyone have any info on possible news about it?

They haven't done any discounts on Premium for a few years now.  Years back (more than 5, I think) they would regularly put quarterly on sale a few times a year.   Pretty sure they have only ever offered specials on Yearly Premium twice - one was a discount (maybe for the holiday) and the other was to lock in another year at the then current rate before the price went up.  Both of those were actually fairly close together, within a year of each other if I remember correctly.

I've heard nothing about any other discounts being considered at this time.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

They haven't done any discounts on Premium for a few years now.

It wasn't that long ago, I think. I did get Neph a discounted premium subscription at some point, and she's not very old .. (3.5 years). 

1 hour ago, Orwar said:

It wasn't that long ago, I think. I did get Neph a discounted premium subscription at some point, and she's not very old .. (3.5 years). 

Looking back at payments, they did a 10% discount w/ 2-yr option in Dec 2019, but that was 10% off of the new $99 rate.   I thought they had done something prior to that also, at the old rate, but can't find anything on that.

ETA:  In June 2019, they allowed anyone to renew their annual at the current rate of $72 before the new rate took effect late that month.  If your renewal wasn't due in June, they simply extended your renewal date out a year from its expiration.  Due to renewal dates, that was only beneficial to some of my accounts.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 899 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.