Games to earn Lindens

awakenme

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 922 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I like magic fishing, although I haven't done it in a while.  Virtual fishing is pretty fun, I like that you can cast from the HUD and the bait is cheaper.  I like northern operations for fishing the most, but that doesn't pay out any linden.  My favorite way to earn a few extra linden is Lindo.  I also used to like to play Linden Realms every week, but the last few times I played it, it would bug out and that got annoying - so I stopped.  I'll probably start trying again to see if it has improved and is less buggy now.  

I've never tried Crystal Craze or Mermaid Coins.  There was one that looked pretty interesting that was like a hunting game, I think you had a bow and shot things with it.  I forget what it is called, that was fun when I tried it last.

• Like 3

On 11/26/2021 at 5:25 PM, awakenme said:

I have seen the Lindo vendors but wasn't sure what it was, I'll check it out. I tried Linden Realms awhile ago and kept getting killed, will try again. I'll see if I can find that hunting game too. Thank you for the suggestions,

You can earn about 125 $L per week playing Linden Realms and Paleoquest for about 3 hours total/week of your time.  You are now limited to earning 50 $L /week in Paleoquest by running thru the 5 quests..  (It used to be $100L/wk)

Generally figure about 25 $L/hour collecting crystals in Linden Realms.  It used to be higher (40 $L/hr), but the new crystal rezzing frequency has been reduced, the same time they cut the quest payout in half.  They also reduced LR to just 2 estates, from the prior 6 estates.  Fewer estates means more players chasing the same number of crystals - so harder to make it worth the time and stress.   This was all by design - they wanted to make the games less desirable to anyone that wanted to play them for Lindens.  There is of course no other reason to play them except to earn Lindens.  Both games are simple and repetitive and have not changed for years.  I have trouble staying awake while playing them - only the sound of my avatar being crunched and spit out in pieces wakes me up.

This degrading of both games sounded great to the LL bean counters and upper management.  Fewer regions to support, and lower payouts to the players. A win-win for them.  A lose-lose for the players.  Classic SL business operation. 

There are about 1/4 of the prior number of players for both games.  These are not sit on your butt and earn linden games.  They require constant movement, concentration, some strategy, and fast reaction skills - or you will get eaten by monsters, dissolved in acid, burned to a crisp, crushed by huge boulders, attacked by random mists, be lunch for the dinosaurs, and (in Paleoquest) lose all the objects you have collected for lindens, as you die, and get sent back to start the quest over.  

This is how SL wants to attract the younger generation.  

Edited by Jaylinbridges

Some do not want a job - that means showing up at a known time and reporting to someone else.  These low payout games give you the freedom to choose your own times, at the expense of pitifully low income.  

Do the fishing and mining games pay you more than $125 $L for only 3 hours total of your time/week, chosen at your convenience?  And can you win more that 25 $L/hr every hour, playing the other passive games?  There is no limit how many hours/week you can play Linden Realms. For 60 hrs/week you can earn about 1600 $L.  Of course you will damage your body sitting at a computer that long in RL, to make about $6 USD/week.  Remember that LL cut the payout/hr by more than 50% to prevent the  players from getting filthy rich.  They assume you either have the time and skills for an SL job, or you should buy your lindens and pay them a hefty fee for that privilege.

In the USA you can make $15 USD (min  wage)  in one hour,  more then you could make in an entire week playing non-gambling games in SL.

That is why these no skill no risk games are now ghost towns.  

Edited by Jaylinbridges

9 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

I wish that were minimum wage.

In the California city where I worked the minimum wage is now $16.30/hr.  In states run by rednecks like Texas, the minimum wage is still $7.25/hr. The minimum wage where I am now is $13.25/hr and is indexed to inflation every year.  But if you are unable to work because of disability or age, your minimum wage is zero plus any welfare benefits, savings, and social insurance you might qualify for.  Those seldom cover your actual RL living expenses, which is why some depend on SL to supplement their RL income. 

This is even more so in countries where the minimum wage is only $1.50/hr today (if they can find a job) and their currency is nearly worthless against the US dollar.  LL does not want these people in SL because they do not add to SL profits.

Edited by Jaylinbridges

The federal minimum wage is $7.25.  23 states still use that figure for their minimum wage.  The average is a little.over $11.  The most disturbing thing is that it's been that since 2009.

Why would they not want people in SL?  Does.it cost LL to have them here?  I'm genuinely curious as to why you've said that.  I know quite a few people who don't own land nor put money into SL but only use Ls earned here.  That live in the US.  With jobs.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Why would they not want people in SL?  Does.it cost LL to have them here?  I'm genuinely curious as to why you've said that.  I know quite a few people who don't own land nor put money into SL but only use Ls earned here.  That live in the US.  With jobs.

How do those that only earn Linden's in SL, and never buy Lindens, earn those Lindens?  This thread was to answer how to make Lindens in SL without actually having a job or working.  The games, active and passive in SL are playing, not working.  SL does not want these peeps to earn "free"  Lindens because they fear some of those Lindens will be cashed out into dollars.  And Tilia giving dollars to a non-working resident seems to be against their rules of Ayn Rand survival of the fittest beliefs.

This is a bit strange considering the nearly 10% in fees that LL makes when one cashes out their Lindens to dollars to RL.  

In reality I doubt anyone that earns lindens by playing games earns enough to convert Lindens to their RL currency with the current fee structure . And if they do, well LL still collects fees in dollars from them.   LL requires  that both PIOF and PIU are needed to collect a Linden reward in the only games that had a decent payout.  They wanted to eliminate any Basic member without PIU on file.  They called them "cheaters" to justify making their games unattractive, and they succeeded.

"I know quite a few people who don't own land nor put money into SL but only use Ls earned here.  That live in the US.  With jobs."

Quite a few is not everyone.  I have never put money into SL, but always worked and always owned land, and take dollars out of SL when I have a surplus.  But what about those that can not?   Should they be allowed in SL if they don't contribute to the SL economy and  LL's profits?  

Edited by Jaylinbridges
  • Like 1

On 12/6/2021 at 8:20 AM, Jaylinbridges said:

Some do not want a job - that means showing up at a known time and reporting to someone else.  These low payout games give you the freedom to choose your own times, at the expense of pitifully low income.  

Do the fishing and mining games pay you more than $125 $L for only 3 hours total of your time/week, chosen at your convenience?  And can you win more that 25 $L/hr every hour, playing the other passive games?  There is no limit how many hours/week you can play Linden Realms. For 60 hrs/week you can earn about 1600 $L.  Of course you will damage your body sitting at a computer that long in RL, to make about $6 USD/week.  Remember that LL cut the payout/hr by more than 50% to prevent the  players from getting filthy rich.  They assume you either have the time and skills for an SL job, or you should buy your lindens and pay them a hefty fee for that privilege.

In the USA you can make $15 USD (min  wage)  in one hour,  more then you could make in an entire week playing non-gambling games in SL.

That is why these no skill no risk games are now ghost towns.  

I'm in the US. But, as someone who's literally replaced their graphics card, from working, I can't help but feel like these people that play these games for barely pennies a day would be more satisfied spending 2hrs or so, and make at least $5 in that time. Like, there's some jobs you can make at least $20-$60 in like, 3hrs. But, I get it. People want games where they wont' earn much for their time. But, personally, I'd rather have my time be paid. Like, I once had a job that saw me getting about $9000 for 3hrs of roleplay, or basically L$8,400 after club take. That's like $20-$30 for 3hrs or so, just for text.

But, you guys do you. Good luck.

On 12/6/2021 at 1:06 AM, LunaRavencroft said:

I can't help but wonder if there's even a point to putting in so much effort, for making what's essentially $0.50-ish a week, when an SL job can easily pay way more than that in even 30 minutes. lol

These games don't require you to have a schedule, you don't need to be qualified, or a people person, they are mostly just fun, often with a hint of competition and RNG where you occasionally win a prize.  Certainly it is a lot easier to just pay real world money for lindens, but these are more so like casual activities that you can earn a few extra linden with.  On average, I can earn 100L a day, while enjoying myself exploring people's regions, listening to their DJs and music, or just enjoying a little fishing.  I mostly just play them when I want to, and they come with no obligations.  

I wouldn't suggest people play any of them if their only goal is to make linden, it would probably be really boring for them.  It could take hours a day, just to earn 100L, and if you are not having fun then it just isn't worth it.  I imagine the cost involved to keep your computer running probably nets you nothing in the long run.  But if fishing, hunting, exploring people's land, collecting items, listening to music, and so on are fun, then sure, make a few extra linden while you are doing it.

I see it more so as entertainment than anything else, I likewise spend time playing games like cyberpunk which I earn virtual currency in - that has no practical use outside of the game. It is just fun.  

• Like 5

5 hours ago, LunaRavencroft said:

But, you guys do you. Good luck.

I guess you are speaking to the OP, who probably isn't interested in being an emoting sex worker in a club, which is a job, not a game.

I have two businesses in SL for the last 10 years and was only pointing out what someone who has no interest in working at or owning an inworld business could expect from the gaming payouts.  Maybe you could give the OP some training on being a male sex worker, so he didn't have to earn lindens playing games.

Edited by Jaylinbridges
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Jaylinbridges said:

I guess you are speaking to the OP, who probably isn't interested in being an emoting sex worker in a club, which is a job, not a game.

I have two businesses in SL for the last 10 years and was only pointing out what someone who has no interest in working at or owning an inworld business could expect from the gaming payouts.  Maybe you could give the OP some training on being a male sex worker, so he didn't have to earn lindens playing games.

Eh. I can't help someone get L$ if they don't want it. 

Also, Iste..

I'm not really a people person either, by any means. Got anxiety like you read about. But, it is what it is, really. Then again, I don't do SL just to get L$, I do it as a way to help my wallet too.

Regardless, though, enjoy SL, and continue to be excellent to each other. ^_^

Edited by LunaRavencroft

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 922 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.