letterbox that delivers contents automatically

Pedlar Decosta

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 892 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone,

what is the best way to get notecards delivered to multiple avatars (I'll put them all on a list), as they are dropped into a dropbox/letterbox ?  llGiveInventory only works if they are in the same region (and possibly only if they are logged on ?) and this is something I've never needed to do before.

llGiveInventory works fine anywhere as long as you are sending to avatars.  If you are sending to objects, they have to be in the same region.  llGiveInventoryList, on the other hand, only works if avatars are in the same region as the mailbox.   That doesn't make sense to me, but it is what it is.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

llGiveInventory works fine anywhere as long as you are sending to avatars.  If you are sending to objects, they have to be in the same region.  llGiveInventoryList, on the other hand, only works if avatars are in the same region as the mailbox.   That doesn't make sense to me, but it is what it is.

Oh. ok. Thank you Rolig.  And just to be clear, do I need to detect if they are online before attempting to send the notecard that way. i.e. if they aren't online will it fail ?

1 hour ago, Pedlar Decosta said:

do I need to detect if they are online before attempting to send the notecard that way

It is definitely possible to receive inventory while offline. I think I heard from someone somewhere that inventory offers can get capped if you don't have auto-accept inventory turned on, but that might be an unfounded rumor.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 892 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.