Music s gone always

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 892 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hello,

anyone any idea if it is a known issue, that the music symbol ( SL player) upper right corner in HUD

is always getting off and music s gone . it s annoying you have to always click it again and music is back for a short time

and then the same thing again.

pls if someone knows how to fix it pls help

thx djd

This appears to be a viewer bug regression.  That means it was found and fixed then later broken again either by reintroduction of the old cause or by introduction of a new cause.  The parcel music play button does indeed "return to OFF position" without user input, and no, it's not the streaming server or source's fault.  I tested that.  It seems to happen when agents enter and leave the parcel I am firmly seated in.  I have used other software to play the stream and no other players stopped when the viewer stopped playing.   I used my commercial digital transport stream analyzer to watch for defects or protocol violations that could be causing the player embedded into the Second Life Viewer to stop and found no such defects in the stream that I am playing.  Perhaps defects in other streams can cause the viewer to stop playing.

One thing I have considered is that there is potentially a scripted object on the land, either owned by the land owner or deeded to the group that owns the land, whose script is making some change to parcel properties in reaction to agents arriving or departing.

Edited by Ardy Lay

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 892 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.