conflicting rigs: which one wins?

Quarrel Kukulcan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 933 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

17 hours ago, Quarrel Kukulcan said:

What happens if I attach two objects that deform the same bones in my rig by different directions and/or rotations?

You will generate a reality split where one branch faces a dystopian future before it's eventually eaten by a giantic doormouse and the other develops into an ideal world where trees grow chocolate chips for leaves.

But seriously, objects don't deform, animations do. Deformers are simply animations that work on bones the Gods of SL didn't intend to be animated. So I assume it's the same as when two regular animations/poses conflict with each other.

On 11/13/2021 at 7:41 AM, Quarrel Kukulcan said:

What happens if I attach two objects that deform the same bones in my rig by different directions and/or rotations? Does the last one get priority? Do I end up looking different to different viewers?

As far as I know, the last defined joint position is the one that wins, but as far as I remember from my early tests back in 2011ish, it appeared that the new joints positions have an additive type of behavior.

That's why you should make sure to wear mesh appendages that modify joints positions with no overlap with each other. The behavior above for which the last attached joint position definition wis is not guaranteed after relog! Things might get loaded in a different order, as much as the same can happen to others observing your avatar while attaching those multiple appendages.

All in all, not really a good idea because of the lack of supported behavioral definition

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 933 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.