Why does my stuff show a group I was in?

Bamboo Druth

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 910 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

When I right-click > edit on anything I own, the long editing pop-up shows me as the owner, but it also shows the name of some group I was in. Different groups are mentioned for different items, maybe the last group I joined before buying the item. 

Is there any way to erase all of those group names at once on all the zillion things I own?

Or do I have to click on the wrench next to the group name, then click None and then click OK . . a zillion times?

And how do I stop that from happening for the stuff I buy from now on?

4 answers to this question

When you rez any object, it is set to whatever group you happen to be using at the time.  That's why you really have to be careful rezzing some things on land that is set to allow group objects only.  Once an object is rezzed, you can change the group it's set to by using the "little wrench" next to the group name on the General page in your editor.

• Like 1

Let's try again:

1. You can try changing the group settings on several items at the same time, but I can tell you from experience that it doesn't always work.  It's safer to do them individually.  And no, you cannot set the group to NONE.  

2. Every object is automatically set to whatever group you were set to when you rezzed the object.  So, if you wore your Happy Times Bar tab when you rezzed objects, they would all be set to the Happy Times Bar group unless you deliberately change them later. ALL objects are set to some group.

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

if you wore your Happy Times Bar tab when you rezzed objects, they would all be set to the Happy Times Bar group

...UNLESS you a) used a viewer like Firestorm that has the option to rez objects under the group that owns the land you're rezzing them on, regardless of your current group tag, b) had that option enabled, and c) actually belonged to that group.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 910 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.