Help with Genus Head Animation

Bagnu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 989 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

One of my friends is having a problem with her head not moving with the Genus strong head. I have the same head, and it does the same when I turn on the neck lock. Which is fine, and my head moves properly when I unlock it. But for her, it doesn't change anything when she unlocks it. Any suggestions?

She might have another animation locking her neck into position. Turn off AOs and remove any other items that may be running an animation. Huds, necklaces, etc.

From my answer on another thread:
If you go to the develop menu you can choose avatar -> animation info. This shows what animations are playing on your avatar and their priority level. This might give you a clue as to what animations are running.

To see the developer menu, go to the menus at the top and choose me->preferences->advanced->show develop menu. In the Firestorm viewer, it is avatar->preferences->advanced->show developer menu.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks!!! I'll pass along the info. Her head's been like this since I knew her (a couple of years). When she told me she has the same head as I do (Genus Strong), I suggested the lock neck. She did have it locked, so maybe it would have taken time. I know with some things I have to wait a few minutes for changes to take effect. I'll ask her if there were any changes since she toggled the lock. 

Edited by Bagnu

As Bree said, check what other animations you have running.  I just got a new mesh head. It has animations/emotions built in.  

My previous head was a static mesh head, so I had some AO animations with face/eye movement to compensate and have a more natural look.

It took me some time to figure out that the 2 animations did not play well together.  When both were active the blink was... uh... deep?  The head blinked so hard that the eyes bugged through the eye lids and the lashes floated in mid air.  I removed those animations and do not look like a shocked meth head anymore.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 989 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.