Making Auto-Alpha? and Texture Hud?

Jazzmine Melodious

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 930 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am trying to learn how to make my mesh clothing auto-alpha. Some outfits I've bought do it and now I am creating and would Love my items to do the same. I'd also like to include texture changing hud...saves time/work for me and L$ for buyers if I don't have to texture the same piece several times in order to offer choices. LOL, to me it just seems like magic...I don't get it! Any idea? Thanks

Thank you so much! I am sure I will be able to apply/get one. I was away from SL for 3 yrs on "break" but before that I had a good sim with a mall and included a few of my own stores. This time I don't want to do the whole Mall thing and just want a nice store + MP. I just like to offer things that don't challenge customers much...like fiddling with alphas/huds every time they change clothes! 

Again, thanks,     ღ Jazz ღ  

2 hours ago, Janet Voxel said:

It's pretty similar, yes.

Excellent! Maitreya is so good about customer service too. I contacted them and Gryphon directed me to the kits I needed for what I need to get done...You were right! All I needed was those kits and in case anyone else is looking, they are All on the wall near the bodies in the store and free of cost!

I don’t use alphas, I don’t like them. Is there a way that auto alphas can be turned off? Can they be made so if I don’t need an alpha I can turn it off? As it is if it has an auto alpha I just don’t buy it.

And I know I can go into my HUD and turn them off but they come back on when you relog or change clothing.

• Like 1

I'd also note that you should *always* supply a system alpha with any clothing you intend to sell, regardless of if it has auto-alpha or not, as mesh bodies increasingly move away from traditional alpha cuts towards using the BoM alpha system.

Not including them might create a headache when a body updates and removes auto-alpha functionality - whereas, if you were already supplying system alphas you just need to tell people to use an item which they have already got, in the same folder as the clothing

(ps. I actually prefer system alphas, as they don't break regularly, unlike auto-alpha systems wherein it's a crapshoot whether it will work or not (and thus, force me to equip the body HUD))

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 930 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.