Need help with Ex Machina Evolve Avatar

Titanium1990

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 973 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey guys, 

I recently purchased the Ex Machina Evolve Avatar. 

My question is regarding finding the right hair styles, tattoos and clothes (in particularly shoes) and how to apply them correctly. I've been a member of SL for quite some time, but I only recently got back into it and I'm a bit lost. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 hour ago, Titanium1990 said:

Hey guys, 

I recently purchased the Ex Machina Evolve Avatar. 

My question is regarding finding the right hair styles, tattoos and clothes (in particularly shoes) and how to apply them correctly. I've been a member of SL for quite some time, but I only recently got back into it and I'm a bit lost. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

As it says BOM native, any tattoo layer (not applier) should work just as they did on system avatars.  As for everything else, you'll have to demo hair and it will be hit or miss with clothing.  It's not a widely supported body.  I've never seen anything made specifically for it.  If they have a group, join and ask where people have found clothing that works best.  Since it has an alpha hud, pants and long sleeve shirts might be easier.  Shoes that are unrigged would work, too.

I have that body from awhile ago and it looks good but it is very "beefy" if I remember and very difficult to find clothes to fit.  There were some things sold for the body at the store that sells the avatar.  If you alpha out the parts of the body need to "make things fit" LOL  it will likely not look like the shape you were buying.  This is a typical issue for all mesh bodies that don't have a large user base.    There is also an alpha HUD (lots of tabs on the hud so wandering around is needed) that will cut out parts of the body rather than using or making alpha textures for the garments.  

I did a search on my blog and looks like I never found shirts for the newest version of this body (the 2020 one anyway there may be newer now).  But here is a tip that might help. BE SURE AND DEMO. 

image.thumb.png.6bf231c50a658f9e4bb4c4a390e4639e.png

1 hour ago, Titanium1990 said:

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I've been looking for quite some time, and I'm not having any luck.

In your opinion - what's the easiest, best looking avatar for a male, with the most items on marketplace?

Personally, none of the 'complete' avatars are widely supported.  Most people buy head and body separately.  Lelutka or catwa head.  Signature Gianni or Belleza Jake for bodies.

On 10/3/2021 at 5:29 AM, Rowan Amore said:

Personally, none of the 'complete' avatars are widely supported.  Most people buy head and body separately.  Lelutka or catwa head.  Signature Gianni or Belleza Jake for bodies.

I second this. You need to go to the inworld stores, since Belleza, Signature and Lelutka does not have their items on the Marketplace.

A quick search with "Belleza Jake" and then "Signature Gianni" returned numbers so close that you can demo and buy the body you like best, without thinking about finding skins, clothes and tattoos for it.

As for heads, Lelutka Evo X heads are "in" now. It is lots of new contents made for it.

If you follow the weekend sales, like Happy Weekend and The Manly Weekend, you will see that all clothes comes in both Signature Gianni and Belleza Jake sizes. This is a great way to save money. I must say that the Happy Weekend sale does not have a lot of male items, but what they have looks good. And almost all the time it is beards, brows and other items like facial scars for Lelutka Evo X. Sometimes even a head skin for 50 or 60 L.

With separate heads and bodies, you will have to buy a body skin too. It gives you the best possible match when you buy it in the same store. I can link you to the last Manly Weekend offer here: https://manlysl.com/manly-weekend/

But Facebook is acting up and I can't link to the Happy Weekend gallery there. If you look up Seraphimsl.com at Fridays and Saturdays, they link to all the weekend sales.

Edited by Marianne Little

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 973 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.