Can't login with Singularity, Firestorm, or the SL viewer.

Frankie Antonioni

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 937 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Tonight I can't get on. I click on the Singularity tab, and I have my task manager up. When it gets to about 54,000, it then disappears from the task manager, and from the screen. The words detecting hardware come up, and then some other words. Then it goes off the screen.I tried that with Firestorm, and the old SL viewer, from 2017. None of them will load. I just white list all of them in the Windows defender, and it still does the same thing. Could it be the SLplugin.exe? Where do I find that at?

First of all, what are the versions of your copies of Singularity and of Firestorm? And ditch your version of the LL viewer and get the latest version.

Second, what graphics card do you own, and have you recently updated the drivers with the OFFICIAL drivers? (Not the ones that come with Windows but the ones from the website of the manufacturer of your graphics card)

Third and last, have you restarted your PC yet?

I use Singularity Beta. The latest one.  My graphics card is AMD R7 Graphics. On a Dell laptop. I haven't updated any drivers. When I click on Singularity,  it says loading Singularity, then detecting hardware, and then it goes off. Its not on the screen, or on my task manager. I did work on the Windows defender some. White listing Singularity. Still not working. I haven't restarted it yet. I did about 5 hours ago. But that was before I white listed Singularity.

I restarted my computer, and still nothing. I checked the firewall. I got Singularity whitelisted. Even did the inbound rules, and outbound rules. I got on this morning, but can't get on now. Each time I click on it, it says detecting hardware, and then it might say fluffing texture cache. Then it goes off. So it is not loading. Other times, there would be some other word, instead of fluffing texture cache. The drivers look to be ok. Late this morning, when I was fixing to get off, my screen went black.

I couldn't see anything. I pressed every but. Nothing happened. I then pushed the power button, and the computer went off. I then turned the computer back on. Everything looked ok, so I turned it off. I didn't try to get back on SL until 5;30 PM ET. But the viewer wouldn't load. Now I'm going to bed.

2 hours ago, Frankie Antonioni said:

Ok, an update. I'm now on a Linux Mint partition. From here Singularity works just fine. My laptop has been over heating, and shutting down. I will be getting a computer fan in a few days. It will go under the computer. I hope this will cool of my computer. It has 6 fans, and it will plug into my computer.

get a can of compressed air and blow it out, or you risk losing the laptop all together.  SL is not kind to them, unless you take 100% care of them from the start with SL and their usage.

I'm going to get the can of compressed air tomorrow. Haven't been back on Linux Mint today. I white listed everything. Even Slplugin. Still didn't work. Anybody know what the problem might be? I installed some updates on Friday, and thats when I couldn't get SL to load. I uninstalled the updates, thinking that might work. But even that didn't work. Each time I click on Singularity, a popup come of saying loading Singularity, the detecting hardware, and then some other words come up. After that nothing. It just goes off the screen.

I even did admin privileges, and it still didn't work.

I got it fixed. Yesterday, I got a can of compressed air, and cleaned out the vent. This morning, I started thinking it might be a problem with the software for the graphics. So I talked to a Linden today, and I asked him how to remove the driver for the graphics. He told me how. After I removed both drivers, I then restarted the computer. It now works. I was able to get on, but didn't stay long. Fixing to turn off the computer.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 937 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.