Can I Supress an Error Message from LL?

Egon Rothschild

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 988 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a parcel of submerged land that borders a Linden waterway. It's not the off-sim "ocean". 

In it I have put an orcas pod: Adult female, adult male and calf. They swim, dive, breach the surface and splash in defined square areas. I have the female and calf in a 32x32 m^2 area and the male in a 24x24. Both areas butt up against each other and partially against the Linden water channel. Everything was fine for a few days. Then I noticed the male in the female/calf area and, later, the female/calf in the male area. I surmise that butting them up against each other "confused" them and it became one large area for them all. No problem. No problem at all, really. In fact, I like the situation. Then I noticed that they sometimes swim into the Linden waterway. Not far. Maybe only a meter before they turn around and go back to their areas.

However,  splashing is the point in question. To do so, they generate what is called a "splash ball" which, in turn, generates the splash visuals. As expected, when they are in the Linden waterway and splash, Linden doesn't like this and generates the following error message in chat:

"Can't rez object 'splash ball v1.01' at { 158.759, 65.0269, 19.5 } on parcel 'Protected Waterway' in region Sylvina because the owner of this land does not allow it. "

Is there a way to suppress this error message?

I'm thinking there isn't but I thought I'd throw this out to the community on the off chance that there is.

Thanks in advance,

Egon

• Like 1

Same deal with some trees that shed leaves -- occasionally a leaf will blow over the parcel border by a millimeter, resulting in the error message.  Moving the tree a bit so that it's not so close to the parcel border made  the error messages stop.  Try to move the orcas away from the border.

• Like 1

Yes. I get that problem with the ZiSwim swim HUD, which rezzes ripples. If the ripples hit a ban line, I get an error message.

(ZiSwim also tries to phone home to some long-gone web server, which produces other error messages. I need a new swim HUD.)

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 988 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.