Broke sits on group change, Linden Home.

Kira Skydancer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1044 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I somehow messed up my ability to use sit animations on my own items, at my alt's home, presumably when I made a new group and she updated the property (this is a linden home in Bellisaria). I (not my alt) made the group. This was done after the house was furnished, and near as I can determine, only affects what was placed before the group change.

So, now none of the sit animations on my objects work any more. I just sit on air, sit in the wrong place on chairs, menus don't come up. I've tried turning my AO on and off, the sit override on and off, relogged... just need some ideas what else I might look at. I'd like to avoid having to refurnish the place, if possible.

Thanks for any help or information!

Do you have the "right" group tag on? i.e. the one the furniture is set to - you can see this in the Build Edit tab. This may give you access to the menu back.

If this makes no difference, can your alt set the group of the items to the group you created? (Give your alt modify rights for this).

Then hopefully she and you will be able to access the menu - which I presume got set to group only.

Good luck!

My guess is that you do not have scripts enabled to everyone on your parcel. If you have it set to group, and changed the group on your land to a different group than you are using on your furniture, then the furniture will do what you are describing. You can click on your furniture and set it to the new group, or set that land scripts to all on your land options.

One other possibility is that you or your alt linked your furniture together or with other items, changing the root prims and the way the scripts behave.  Linking can be a great way to save some LI when done carefully, but can have adverse effects, including adding lag and the experience you describe, when done excessively.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1044 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.