Spam that I can't stop

Tamanni

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 958 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I get spam every single day from a gaming region that I have never visited. I've never heard of the place until I started receiving it, I never signed up for it, and I can't find a way to make it stop. It's in the form of a text message in local chat which appears to be from an object. I can't select it in chat to block it, I can't identify the owner, and when I try to visit the place where it comes from (as listed in my email), to find a subscriber machine that I can unsubscribe from, I do not have access. I have never used any gaming region and I have no desire to do so.

I have tried IMing the land owner but without success. 

Is there anything I can do or am I just stuck with it?

Edited by Tamanni

3 answers to this question

The only "spam" messages i know of connected to gaming regions are notifications that you have won L$xxx on a podium contest connected to one or more games (you would actually have to go to a skill game region and play games for this) or you have free credit to use that expires in xxx hours. I did once get an out of the blue notification from a game region i'd never been to/heard of that i had L$xxx credit to use i went to the region used the free credit bar L$1 and would get a daily notification about this L$1 until the however many hundreds of hours had gone by and the L$1 expired

Do these messages occur at regular intervals? If so, try to be online around the time it gets delivered. You should then have no problem selecting it in local chat to get more info on the object and block it.

Although I'm somewhat puzzled to hear you say you're unable to identify the owner from the offline summary emails. Those typically contain the message, name of the sending object, name of the object's owner, and object SLURL. You're clearly getting the SLURL, as you say you tried to TP to the area. Are you sure the rest of the info isn't in the email?

If all else fails, you could try opening up an Abuse Report and explain the problem to LL that way. Include as much information as possible. File it under "Disturbing the peace > Repetitive spam".

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 958 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.