I am in need of help desperately (physics)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 990 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have been trying for days to do physics for this one house and I am at my wits end. I have the model. I've built it and deleted it about 60 times now 😅and I really don't know where to go from here. If someone could help me understand and help me do the physics so I can see where I've been an absolute *****, it would be beyond appreciated.

Edited by WynterxNight

• WynterxNight changed the title to I am in need of help desperately (physics)

(Sorry. I'm terrible at explaining myself) So I've made the model for the house, as of right now, i'm just doing a simple box house, I've made the base. I've tried to do the physics with no luck, I've tried different methods, but there's something i'm not doing or understanding (I've never used blender before) so i'm a little lost. The model I made successfully uploaded to SL, but i either cannot walk inside of it, (even when its turned into a prim) or it will remain convex hull, and be completely passable. I've seen a demonstration for a simple box type of room, which I tried and it worked with no problems, its now the bigger model i have the issue with. if anyone could give a demonstration with the model i have i would greatly appreciate it (just message me IW. Thank you !

13 minutes ago, WynterxNight said:

The model I made successfully uploaded to SL, but i either cannot walk inside of it, (even when its turned into a prim) or it will remain convex hull, and be completely passable.

Convex hull means that the physics shape is shrink-wrapped around the outer edges of the model and as such, does not allow for an accessible interior. If your uploaded model does not allow to set the physics shape to "prim" and is instead locked to convex hull, that implies the model does not have a valid physics shape and defaults to the convex hull generated by SL during the upload.

So the question now is how are you creating the physics model for your mesh house? Are you making a separate model for the physics? Or are you attempting to use the visual model along with perhaps the various analyze/simplify steps on the uploader's physics tab?

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 990 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.