Quick question about land ownership

Spike Hartunian

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4460 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hi there,

I hope you can help. I have 2048 m² of mainland in a Sim. 348 m² is now available somewhere else in the same Sim. If I was to buy that 348 m², even though they are not connected, can I use the prim count on the 2048 m² plot? Also, I am right in thinking that if I only have 2048 m² I can purchase 348 m² without increasing my charges correct?

Thanks, Spike

As long as the 384 nis in the same region/sim your prim allowance is for the region. So you will be able to use the extra prims on the 2048.

If you don't have a Linden Home (which uses up the free 512) then your first 512 is free of tier. So, if the 2048 is your only land,  you are now in the tier range for the free 512 + 2048 = 2560. That means you can get another 512 before you trigger a tier step. The purchase dialog will warn you if completing the purchase will increase your tier. Just read it carefiully.

If you purchase the 348 parcel on the same sim, you have use of the prims that belong to that parcel.  You can leave that parcel empty and use all the prims onyour 2048 parcel.

To your second question, you will probably increase your tier because anything over 2048 incurs USD25/month.  If you have your land in a group and you have allocated the sqm to the group, you will get 10% 'free' which would still be under 348sqm. 

ETA:  He is correct.  I did not factor the 512sqm you get as premium.  Just make sure that what you have in your LAND tab in your group is the same as what you see on your land use fees page on the dashboard

This is actually one the main (and really only legit) reason why such small parcels are created and sold. Often once the land of a sim is all cut up into nice chunks for everybody to use - the presence of a linden road or water causes the cuts to not have perfect shapes, and some bits get left over.

People grab them up as 'prim land' as you have, or in past would grab them up to create spamming server locations / adboards / griefer spots, and so on.

- Over time most of them have either been abandoned or ended up in the hands of 'real users' lke yourself who want more prims. Just bought 4 of them myself on my home sim from the lindens yesterday. I also just AR'd one last night in Isabel sim for having a 40m tall multiple advert sign on it...  ;)

If you see any tiny lots on your sim that are abandoned, and want even more prims - put in a ticket to get them sold to you. It can take a few weeks for your place in the line of tickets to come up, but its a good way to get a few more prims and put some leftover land to good use.

• 1 month later...

You can also "join" noncontiguous parcels into a single logical parcel.  Just drag-select both with the land tool and click join. This way, music and media changes will stay synchronized.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4460 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.