How can two areas that are separated by a Linden road be in the same parcel?

Jennifer Boyle

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1009 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, Jennifer Boyle said:

The entire Kayaboshi sim, except for the Linden road that runs through the middle of it, is for sale. It is a single parcel. Haw can noncontiguous land be in a parcel?

If you have a parcel any size, you can select an area in edit terrain and then select to divide the parcel. The area selected then becomes a separate parcel from the rest. If the area you selected ran right through the middle, from end to end of the original area, then the remaining parcel will be split in two and the parts look separate from each other, but still be the same parcel.

I would think that with the region you mention the roadway was selected (if it’s an irregular shape it would have been carved out in stages and reassembled) and then the parcel that is left on either side of the road was never divided further.

• Like 1

You can join disjoint parcels crossing other parcels with different owners; I used to do it often. Drag a box that includes a bit of each to-be-joined parcel and just ignore that the box also includes land owned by somebody else.

The tricky bit is joining one group's disjoint parcels that are separated by another parcel owned by a different group of which you're also a member. I've always had to enlist alts to hold the group owning the separating land while I left it long enough to join the other parcels, otherwise it thinks you're trying to join parcels with different owners.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1009 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.