Requirements for Legacy kit...?

Fanta UwU

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1050 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I applied and got approved, but only for the meshbody 'free classic' (the meshbody they gave out for free a while ago.) Which... isn't what I was hoping for.. but okay...

I would ask directly, but I don't want to be on the list of 'annoying people' to them lmao, and end up just digging a ditch in not getting the actual legacy classic/perky kit.

Is there any like.. 'requirements' you guys found or things that had to be done or needed to have in your store in order to get it??? Because they aren't real clear on when or how or any requirements to get the legacy kit (not the 'free classic meshbody' kit), especially when you get your hopes up, seeing you got approved, only to see it isn't actually for legacy classic/perky.

Don't get me wrong, I can happily make stuff for that body, but... I don't have that body I don't think? So I kinda can't do much with it in checking weights :/.. I don't particularly want to make something for something I don't have.

(It also kinda peeves me that I see creators that start up immediately making legacy items when they previously haven't made mesh seemingly before and then the company gives you, whose been around a while, making mesh, a roundabout for it and.... HNNGGGG, so annoying... >.< anyways)

On 7/21/2021 at 11:02 PM, Muiregwen said:

Don't get me wrong, I can happily make stuff for that body, but... I don't have that body I don't think? So I kinda can't do much with it in checking weights :/.. I don't particularly want to make something for something I don't have.

I don't know how you can get the kit you really want, but I can tell you that the free body is still available in world. A lot of people have it so might appreciate new clothing being made for it. 

I cannot answer your main question, and probably your only option is indeed to reach out to their manager and ask if they would let you know what you could do to be approved for the actual legacy kit. It could as well be that maybe it was just an unintentional mistake on their side.

In regard of "creators getting the kit when it seems they haven't made mesh before", it might be a case of someone starting a subbrand on a different account. Or, they have created before but it were commissions that weren't offered to the public. I would guess that instead of showing an existing store, they might have shown a portfolio of previous work, or of clothing they started to work on already.

On 7/21/2021 at 4:02 PM, Muiregwen said:

I applied and got approved, but only for the meshbody 'free classic' (the meshbody they gave out for free a while ago.) Which... isn't what I was hoping for.. but okay...

start creating for classic, make few nice things and i am sure they will accept you for the rest of their bodoes

• 2 weeks later...

Legacy recently changed their policies regarding Dev Kits. The website is not updated yet I think.

While you don't need to sign an EULA anymore (You need to sect the option just so you can proceed for now), you need to create at least one item for the Classic body (The 1$ Gift body from them) and send the marketplace or in world store link to the show-off channel on the Classic Creators Discord.

They'll ask you the e-mail you applied with and you will receive the Legacy kit. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1050 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.