Every time I log in for the last few days I am a cloud!

Jaide Beck

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1027 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I put my avatar together, struggling for the skin to bake on then finally after about ten minutes I am together, but i log off and again next time i am a cloud. Doesn't matter where I am, if people are around, or not. Please help. :( I have never had a problem like this. :((((

Just now, Jaide Beck said:

well that what funny. i have a good internet connection and my main av is fine.. so idk.

Clear your inventory cache on the avatar you're having trouble with.  Relog.  Open inventory and let it fully load.

Sounds like some item you have on is corrupted.  Character test again.  Then, put on one item at a time and relog until you determine which item is the problem.  It might be your shape.  Leave everything alone after character test except change your shape and relog.  If you're a cloud, you'll know it's the shape.  If it's fine, add another item and relog again.

2 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Sounds like some item you have on is corrupted.  Character test again.  Then, put on one item at a time and relog until you determine which item is the problem.  It might be your shape.  Leave everything alone after character test except change your shape and relog.  If you're a cloud, you'll know it's the shape.  If it's fine, add another item and relog again.

hm it's the original lelutka shape but i could make a copy of it. :)

1 minute ago, Jaide Beck said:

Oh i didn't know i don't have the shape on. I could try reddlivering all the stuff, skin, head/body.. :o 

Do you have a saved outfit that doesn't use that shape?  If so, try changing outfits.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Are you on WIFI ? (or worse, mobile data?)

No, it was something that was corrupted apparently, like i stated above my internet is fine. :) It was just something that i had to delete and get redelvered. :D

32 minutes ago, Jaide Beck said:

No, it was something that was corrupted apparently, like i stated above my internet is fine. :) It was just something that i had to delete and get redelvered. :D

Now would be a good time to make sure you have a back up of everything on that drive, just to be on the safe side.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jaide Beck said:

i just had everything redelivered made it new.

I'm just meaning that data corruption, even for something as wonky as SL, is rare. It could be an early indicator of a bigger hardware problem. Back up your PC - docs, pictures and anything you can't download again just to err of the side of caution, shove a copy on dropbox or onedrive if you don't have a spare disk drive hanging about.

Lost way to much important stuff over the years because I missed a subtle hint that maybe the drive I was using wasn't 100%.

Edited by Coffee Pancake

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1027 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.